The role of the Product Designer is to support our product teams while continuing to champion UX and UI design practice in an agile environment.
This junior-mid designer will be responsible for supporting the team’s research and delivery activities, bringing value to our customers as we design and deliver a new generation of SiteMinder products.
This role is best suited to someone who is a natural collaborator and thinks outside of the box to solve problems quickly and creatively.
Who we are
Ever booked hotel accommodation on Booking.com, Expedia or TripAdvisor? Chances are, you’ve used SiteMinder. Our goal is to liberate hoteliers with technology that makes a world of difference, and we do that by helping them find and acquire guests online.
We are the world’s leading guest acquisition platform for hotels, supporting 35,000 hotels in 160 countries to generate more than 87 million reservations on our platform each year.
As Product Designer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting senior designers and product managers to define and deliver a new generation of products for SiteMinder.
- Creating prototypes to demonstrate flows, transitions and animations. Designing high-fidelity UI, responsive layouts, and reviewing designs with QA before release.
- Supporting the planning, coordination and synthesis of both qualitative and quantitative customer testing and feedback.
- Working closely with developers to ensure your beautiful designs are feasible and implemented in a way that maximises value to both the customer and the business.
- Contributing to the spirit of entrepreneurialism within SiteMinder and demonstrating ownership of your work.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate, smart, delivery-focused, able to take direction but can be relied on to work autonomously.
- Proficient with the latest design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision and Principle.
- Strong in written and communication skills, with a great eye for detail.
- Willing to remain up-to-date with industry trends and adapt your design process and tool-set as part of an evolving design discipline.
- They may be stronger in UI but want to grow their UX abilities.
- They’re able to keep a sense of humour whilst working under pressure – juggling multiple things at once is essential.
How to apply
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Why join SiteMinder:
See where the tech magic happens at SiteMinder HQ - the home of our product and development teams. We’re the trailblazers of our industry and our enemy is closed thinking, so you’ll have the chance to be creative and question the status quo.
Every day, you’ll have new problems to solve - and meet new people to learn from. Our executive team and global functions are based in Sydney, so you’ll benefit from access to leaders and collaboration with people from all walks of the business. We continue to grow rapidly and we’re committed to supporting the learning you need as you grow with us.