Senior Product Designer
Bitly is seeking a high energy, talented Senior Product Designer (Team Lead), with a strong track record of managing designers and building SaaS B2B products in a fast-paced environment. As a team lead for Bitly product design, you will bring design thinking paired with strong execution. You’ll help Bitly EPD (Engineering, Product and Design) organization re-imagine the end-to-end user experience across web app, APIs, mobile apps, browser extensions. You’ll bring with you a battle-tested Lean UX delivery framework for accelerating Bitly customer acquisition and retention through product innovation - using data, and research insights as your guide. Bitly is used by millions and is rapidly growing its paid customer base. But there’s so much room to improve as we empower marketers, analysts and developers to derive actionable insights from link and content engagement. Our Product Design team serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Our ideal candidate has strong UX design experience working on complex systems and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You’ll report to the Denver-based VP of Product and work closely with Product and Engineering leadership, UX researcher, UX writer and cross-functional peers.
- You will own the full design lifecycle of the Bitly flagship product - Link Management Platform; developing concepts and translating those into intuitive and easy to use experiences for our customers.
- You'll manage and mentor a Sr Designer and help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for the team’s ability, scope, and time.
- You’ll lead design workshops, design reviews, quarterly planning, quarterly reviews, and design sprint planning.
- You’ll design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our users.
- You’ll partner with company leadership to represent the design vision, contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations.
- You’ll take a data-driven approach in defining success, prioritizing requirements, and communicating plans, progress and tradeoffs.
- 5+ years of SaaS product design experience with a specific focus on rapid product transformation and ownership of the end-to-end product design for successful products at scale.
- A great portfolio showing how you’ve wrestled with complex, abstract concepts and turned them into clean, human experiences.
- Operational excellence in running high performing design teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, storytelling and influencing skills to drive design vision and a ‘customer first’ culture at Bitly.
- Ability to work with limited direction across multiple projects -- self-starter personality is a must.
- Deep analytical skills that enables you to quickly scope design opportunities and run UX experiments independently.
- Experience working in design systems and agile environment.
- Understanding of key business metrics and data and how it connects to design.
- Experience in the B2B marketing or productivity space, and hands-on experience optimizing user engagement metrics a plus.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design related field, or equivalent experience.
- Customer First
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legalshield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's SOMA district
- Quarterly Hack week
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.