Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars
We believe everyone deserves to feel total confidence when buying a car. That’s why we’re building a new service which is simple, transparent and doesn’t end when you buy the car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today.
We are backed by leading investors and led by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
How we design at Cazoo
Design at Cazoo has a lot of influence and responsibility to create an amazing customer experience. Each of us is obsessed with quality, impact, and driving fast to get the right results. We're big on moving intentionally, responding to our customers, and innovating to meet needs they have when it comes to buying a new car.
We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. At Cazoo, design is part of balanced teams, and you'll work directly in a product squad.
You will be supported by a broader organization that's obsessed with quality and making it right, including two researchers, other designers, and an amazing co-located dev team in Central London. You will work closely with the Head of CRM, and report to the Head of UX. We offer flexible working on a per-team basis, and great benefits.
You're a frequent learner, and you love feedback on your designs, from stakeholders and customers. You use data to inform how your designs change over time, and you're familiar with multi-variate testing. You keep current with your practice and are proactive about learning the latest tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.). No job is too small, and you can execute at all levels of design to create the right customer outcomes.
- You're focused on the big picture objectives, and want to help the team succeed across multiple objectives more than winning an argument.
- You can roll with the punches and pivot when we learn new things about the problem we're working on.
- You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you're very comfortable with all of it.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- You can demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory and other challenges, and stakeholder feedback.
- You're obsessed with quality and a strong advocate for a great experience, and you inform your ideas of quality with frequent research
In the Growth Team you will:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our Marketing teams, CRM, and a high-energy welcoming product team. In this role you will help Cazoo extend our reach and engage our audiences across the web. Work will include landing pages, emails, various expeirments on our home page as well. This is a high-visibility role with a lot of responsibility to help grow loyalty and new customers. To make sure our customers get the best outcomes, we ask that you be ready to help grow the product by doing these things:
- Support product growth by creating outbound communications support customers lifecycle journey's, pre and post purchase including: micro-sites, emails, social media ads, landing pages, banner ads, and other digital experiences
- Own design from start-to-finish for off-site journeys that get customers into Cazoo's website
- Own the entire design process from idea to implementation and everything that entails - research, UX design, UI design, user testing etc
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and ensure we remain customer-centric in everything we do
- Use a strong understanding of all the brand guidelines, and how to implement/extend them across platforms to help Cazoo engage new customers across the web
- A strong working knowledge of omni-channel and digital design across platforms, UI design, and how to use data to make decisions about your designers
- A working knowledge of design optimization, including split testing, Multivariate testing, and optimization tools like Google Optimize, Optimizely and others.
It would be awesome if:
- You have a well developed sense of when to prototype quickly and in a scrappy way through sketches and white boarding vs. when to be pixel perfect and polish things
- You're ready to bring ideas on how we improve the growth processes and way we work at Cazoo
- Bring really strong experience and knowledge in at least one of the following: Communications design and CRM, UX copywriting, or email design.