Senior Product Designer
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by Voice Intelligence, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
We care deeply about design and are looking for someone who shares our obsession for efficient interfaces with delightful user experiences. You will work with a strong team of designers, product managers, and engineers to understand how our products are used today, and reimagine how the products will delight our users in the future.
A successful candidate will have an established background in creating customer-facing experiences, a strong design portfolio, the ability to balance mobile and web/desktop experiences equally, and great communication and collaboration skills. Successful candidates will also be able to operate independently to create visually appropriate designs and presentations to communicate their vision.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and other designers to design new features and products
- Create and document flows, wireframes, UI and interaction solutions
- Build an understanding of Dialpad's complex architecture and distill it into a simple and elegant interface
- Work across multiple platforms and integrations (Desktop, web, mobile, Salesforce, Zendesk)
- Actively contribute to the feature specification process.
- Design for the best user experience alongside engineering and timeline constraints.
- Use your experience and knowledge to educate the team through demonstration, discussion and formal design feedback sessions.
- Identify user research opportunities and inquire about usage data to help support design decisions.
- 1-3 years of experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates your strength in user experience and visual design (strong typography is a plus).
- A demonstrated use of process, documentation and tools to drive collaboration and progress
- An interest in learning how complex systems work and how the right user experience can make them accessible to any of our users.
- A natural tendency to take initiative and drive projects forward.
- Experience in the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- Great communication skills with an ability to deliver feedback to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise while being willing to learn from others.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- For product design, we use Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma and JIRA. Other tools are welcome where appropriate!
- A high level knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong familiarity with mobile design patterns.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your home internet and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Enjoy free snacks, beverages & monthly pay wallet top up.
We offer Ola & Uber wallet for office transportation
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.