Every day our software contributes to deciding where thousands of people live. We believe that this is an incredible responsibility and one that we do not take lightly. Accordingly, our company culture focuses on inclusivity, diversity, hard work, and innovation.
Our products and services need to be simple to use, honest, inclusive, and intuitive, so we are looking for like-minded people who love creating user-friendly experiences for all users, designing accessible and adaptable interfaces for any platform and implementing elegant and testable systems that make a difference in the world.
Our technical teams are optimized for creative performance with an agile process singularly focused on extracting the most value for our customers. We operate in small product-oriented teams with minimal hierarchy and even less bureaucracy. We get things done.
We’re constantly looking for improvements to our products and our processes. All voices are equal at Naborly—we hire people to have an opinion and to be creative.
In this high impact role, you will lead the design of our core platform at Naborly. You will drive the UI/UX design vision and contribute to all products that are central to the success and growth of Naborly. You will create a set of tools and build a UI/UX design system framework that is scalable for the development team to implement user-facing products.
From the beginning, it’s been part of our core business strategy that user experience design play a central role in our product development process. As a designer at Naborly, you will be responsible for the full user experience lifecycle: initial conceptualization to user flow considerations/wireframes to prototyping to final visual specifications and productions of UI/UX assets.
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing user experiences for the web ( desktop and mobile)
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts, styleguides)
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, etc.
- Passion for data driven product and design decisions with the ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Effective communication, problem solving, presentation and adaptability teamwork skills
- Knowledge of UX best practices for applications and cross-platform devices
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and how it effects front-end design
- The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail while maintaining high standards of quality
- Create visual designs based on approved wireframes or sketches and product requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to create wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and visual designs.
- Create intuitive interfaces that demonstrate a strong understanding of use cases and user flows.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve the user-experience on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Produce production assets and design specifications for development teams based on approved designs
- Oversee and Approve development team implementation of approved designs
What Naborly offers:
- Competitive salary and Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Monthly Transit Allowance
- Full Health Benefits
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- A team of motivated, creative entrepreneurs focused on generating results
- PREMIUM OFFICE LOCATION IN Downtown Toronto
Naborly wouldn’t be the same without the tight-knit atmosphere we have scaled up from our inception. Sharing meals, day trips, and hackathons are the foundations of our camaraderie. We make sure everyone on the team feels like family and knows that everyone at the company has their back.
We are dedicated to working for the common good and doing what’s right – this applies both within our company and to our greater mission to solve very difficult, very real, global problems. In order to provide the best and most beautiful user experience and products for our clients, we start from within the company by building a diverse, passionate and empowered team. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or veteran, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.