OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking a motivated and customer obsessed UX Designer to help us simplify and expand our buyer and seller experience in our growing marketplace. You will be joining a highly collaborative and creative UX design and research team that is making a big impact on our customers and our business. There is a huge opportunity in this role to contribute across a wide range of product design and development deliverables including design systems, competitive research, and design from explorations to product launch.
Our ideal candidate (you) is a motivated, biased to act and crave customer data and insights to inform your designs. You pursue simplification - taking complex problems and seeking the best experience for our customers. You are highly adaptable - you can collaborate with multiple disciplines and thrive on tackling big challenges on behalf of our customers. You are naturally a systems thinker and consider both feature level and product wide experience, identifying unmet needs along the way.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Collaborate with other Designers to build and evolve our design system
- Work with UX Researchers and Product managers to develop a deep understanding of our customers, problems to solve, and competitor experiences
- Develop an informed, customer driven point of view on attributes of a best in class experience
- Follow an iterative, user centered design process progressing from wireframes to final design
- Utilize customer data to drive design iteration including product metrics, customer interviews, and usability testing results
- Work closely with engineering to understand constraints and capabilities
- Contribute to team crits and horizontal design efforts
- Lead internal reviews of design explorations, including articulation of customer problems and rationale for your design choices
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in design, HCI, or similar discipline
- 3+ years working as a UX or Product Designer
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and basic usability testing
- Demonstrated ability to design, prototype, and test design solutions
- Demonstrated ability to create simple solutions from complex problems
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions to solve customer problems
- Experience designing for mobile and web
Helpful, but not required:
- Marketplace and e-Commerce design experience
- Experience designing for React and React Native development.
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.