Are you obsessed with solving complex UX problems while designing intuitive, unified experiences? Are you excited by humanizing technology and leveraging user-centered design to drive business? Do you thrive making things clear, beautiful, and engaging? If your answer is yes to all three, join and lead a high-performing team creating intuitive software with global impact.
Who are we?
Dashlane is an app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own and every browser you use. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has already empowered over 12 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
As the first Lead Product Designer in our NY office, you will lead and manage a team of dedicated designers in an ever-changing, dynamic startup environment, and you will supervise the work of your team in our cross-functional Agile Mission Teams. You will also contribute to the Mission Team experiments, in which you will be looked to as the UX expert.
Your role will include working with a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, UX writers, user researchers, engineers, marketers, and fellow designers, and advocating for user-centered thinking as the cornerstone of everything we do.
You will be based in New York. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will
- Be a key member of the Product Design Team, with 2-4 Product Designers reporting directly to you
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, and in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Support the Product Design Director and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and beauty into the product, and delight into the user experience, as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Be responsible for high-quality UI and interaction design, with UX motion seamlessly integrated into your usability solutions
- Create exemplary prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, and KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise and collaborate closely with our user research team in discovering user pain points and problems, and solve them using all available UX methodologies and tools. You will be counted upon to set up and lead user testing sessions, ensuring that your UX solutions are data-driven and user-validated
- Lead UX workshops and Design Sprints to drive innovation, solve usability problems and build intuitive user experience
- Take responsibility for hiring and growing your team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in UX design and influence our understanding of the Web, iOS and Android environments, their unique differentiators and quirks
- 6+ years of experience working in a digital product development environment
- Demonstrable expertise in Figma or Sketch or any equivalent design software
- Full professional proficiency in English both when communicating in writing and verbally
The ideal candidate
- Has experience in leading and growing teams
- Is an expert in the user-centered design processes and methodologies, such as wireframing, storyboarding, user flows, Personas, and is well versed in various types of usability testing, including Card Sorting, Eye Movement Tracking, and more
- Has a solid grasp of the interplay between typography, color, and motion, and their roles in visual communication
- Is able to translate complex ideas into a simple language, both in writing and verbally
- Always puts the team first and is comfortable sharing ownership in the company’s success
- Has mastered personal time management, and can be relied upon to organize the workload and flow of their team, juggling many workstreams and consistently hitting challenging deadlines
- Has a passion for consumer apps and point of view on the trends and new developments in Product and software design
- Has working experience of operating within the Agile cycles and ceremonies
- Has UX Motion Design skills and a practical grasp of animation and interaction design. Working knowledge of After Effects and/or equivalent software will be a bonus
- While we understand that successful design professionals may not have an interactive portfolio prepared in advance, we expect the candidates to demonstrate a track record of creating successful UX solutions and showcase their past work
Diversity at Dashlane
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.