We are looking for an experienced, self-driven and passionate product designer with a strong background with modern enterprise scale B2B and B2C applications such as Linkedin and Facebook
Movemeback is a global, London HQ start-up on a mission to build a world where anyone can access opportunities anywhere. We have built the first of its kind professional and social networking platform connecting individuals and organisations across the world to career, investment and entrepreneurial opportunities in Africa! Some liken us to a cross between the Linkedin, Tinder (connecting people) and Airbnb for African opportunities. Our mission is to apply modern technology to tangibly address some of the world’s largest unsolved problems, related to creating global transparency and access to unique opportunities, connecting people and forming meaningful connections for driving economic development. In Africa we have a target of contributing to the creation of 300 million jobs by 2035.
We are building products that will be used by and hopefully change the lives of millions. To achieve this we want people who genuinely enjoy learning, building, creating, changing and who aspire to personal and professional excellence to join us. If that is you and you have the right experience, the following is likely to apply:
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI designer with strong overall product design experience. We are looking for someone capable of unifying a multi-feature site to provide a streamlined, simplified and clear user experience. We have bold plans of solving some of the world’s largest unsolved problems around connecting people and forming meaningful connections for mutual and broader macro-economic benefit and we require a designer who is equally as ambitious and tenacious as we are.
You must have experience as or be moving towards Head of Product Design / Head of User Experience or Lead UX Designer. You must also have a strong portfolio of web and mobile apps for high traffic platforms, sites or apps. Strong conceptual and analytical skills. You must be set on tackling complex issues but your designs must communicate simplicity.
This is a great opportunity for anyone keen to join a high growth start-up and contribute to a platform with great traction and on track to be genuinely influential globally.
You will be a good fit for this role if you exhibit the following high-level capabilities:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for a large international user base
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
*You will have most of the following skills *
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Case studies featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Ability to execute on visual and interaction details
- Experience with front-end programming
You are likely to be successful and enjoy working with us if you identify with some of the following (more the better):
- Enjoy building products that users love to use
- Preference for solving ‘impossible’ problems
- Using technology to make a change in the world
- Enjoy working with others in a high-performing team and achieving as a - group
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Preference for learning and using new technologies
- Enjoy taking big but calculated risks, challenging one-self and achieving beyond your means, age or experience
- You have a track record of being part of high-impact teams and delivering big outcomes
- A track record of personal excellence in academia (e.g. Engineering, Science, Mathematics) or achievements in extracurricular activities and hobbies
What we look for is a very accurate proxy for what we value and our culture. If you are interested in being considered or generally want to learn more, please apply, we’d love to talk to you.