Senior User Experience Researcher
Want to have a positive impact on the world? At Imagine Learning, we change the lives of K-12 students and open doors of opportunity by serving students with the industry’s best language, literacy and math software. We’re an ed-tech industry leader and growing fast.
What you will do
- Develop an understanding of the problem space as experienced by our end users.
- Lead research activities across all stages of product design and development.
- Apply a mixture of quantitative and qualitative user research techniques to gain greater empathy for our users.
- Plan and coordinate recruiting, incentivizing, scheduling, and communication with research participants.
- Synthesize and communicate meaningful and impactful research findings to others as part of a cross-functional team. Teams include user experience researchers and designers, product managers, engineers, and other functional specialists.
- Lead research enablement across all areas of the organization to teach research best practices, methodologies, tools, and more.
- Manage relationships with third-party research vendors when needed.
What we need
- 4+ years of product design research experience.
- Strong knowledge of the tools of the trade and the ability to be nimble and resourceful if constraints arise.
- Seasoned practitioner in both qualitative and quantitative research, with an appreciation for applying lean methodologies to process.
- Experience with both generative and evaluative research initiatives.
- Experience with design thinking methodology and activities.
- Experience working with product managers and designers for constant handoff and delivery of items to be researched.
- Experience in influencing the work product managers and designers and standing-up for the research you have performed.
- Experience in using data-generating tools around user behavior and user tracking to use within user research activities and deliverables.
- Strong experience of remote user research. Willingness to travel to perform research and also to headquarters for collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
Perks of the job
- Purpose - do something more than just make money -- here, we impact the lives of millions of kids through education.
- Company security and growth - We're privately owned by Weld North and Silver Lake Partners - a private equity group specializing in scaling companies, which has $39 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital. Their current investment portfolio includes large, high-profile companies like Alibaba Group, Tesla, Ancestry, SoFi, Dell Technologies, GoDaddy, SolarWinds, Symantec, and us!
- Benefits - World-class health, retirement savings, and wellness benefits for you and dependents.
- Recovery time - Paid vacations and a yearly schedule built around educators.
- Culture - Quarterly team activities, and the most genuine and fun coworkers you'll ever have.
*** Candidates must be located in the United States ***
For Candidates in the European Union: As part of any recruitment process, Imagine Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.