Trint is the scale-up that blows manual transcription out of the water. Our productivity platform automates the transcription process using artificial intelligence, letting users focus on extracting more value from the spoken word in big verticals like media, research and video production.
The company’s vision is shaped by its CEO and founder Jeff Kofman, an Emmy-winning foreign correspondent and war correspondent who estimates he transcribed thousands of hours of interviews, news conferences and speeches during his 30+ year broadcast career.
Team Trint is crazy passionate about our product. We’re team players, we care about our users and we’re proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. The company has 50 employees (+ two dogs) with our HQ in Shoreditch in London; our North American HQ is in Toronto. We’ve just closed a £3.5M Series A, so we’re well positioned to reach for the sky.
Customers include: The Associated Press, The New York Times, ESPN, Vice News, The Washington Post, Thomson Reuters, Fox Sports, Der Spiegel, Deutsche Welle, Yale University, Nike and Airbnb.
About the role
You’ll be a member of our Product Team: a growth PM, two UI designers, a UX researcher, and a guy named Phill, all led by our Head of Product (who has a UX background). You’ll be joining a collaborative and enthusiastic team who are passionate about building the world’s best transcription platform.
You’ll be responsible for...
- Working collaboratively with engineering colleagues to build the world’s best transcription platform
- Quickly turning ideas, conversations, concepts into prototypes of appropriate fidelity to test hypotheses and validate/invalidate thinking (we’re agnostic of tooling – use what suits you best!)
- Comfortable with a variety of research techniques and happy to facilitate testing.
- Speaking to (passionate!) customers, understanding their problems and communicating insights back to Product & Engineering teams
- Researching in an agile environment, able to deliver insights just-in-time
- Helping delivery team validate concepts and ideas
- Able to work with a wide range of personalities and customers
- Clear thinking, thoughtful, and empathetic towards people
- Flexible in your approach, always willing to try new things
- You are a lean thinker, and think about deploying lean methodologies, testing assumptions, validating hypothesis and upskilling team members in this area
- Creative in research recruitment, reaching prosumer and enterprise customers alike
- Able to draw together research insights and communicate them in a clear, accurate, actionable and appropriate way to a wide range of audiences within the company
- A fast learner, able to build knowledge of challenging technical workflows and products quickly.
Qualifications & experience
- Good knowledge of UX & UI principles
- Good knowledge of research principles and practice
- Experience working & researching in a lean/agile environment
- Knowledge of research ethics, GDPR and associated issues
- Unlimited holiday
- Access to free counselling and financial advice
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible working
- In-house yoga
- Learning and development opportunities
- Team events & social Fridays
- A relaxed & sociable office environment
- Office snacks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- And more to come. We’re on the look-out for new and exciting perks that help us on our journey to becoming an employer of choice, so watch this space.
Candidates seeking employment at Trint are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Come join our team.
Salary is negotiable + equity