At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as a UI/UX Artist is to create rich, immersive menus and user interfaces of our unannounced game, vastly improving the player experience through clear player communication and graphical menu user interfaces, and high-quality artistic game elements.
You will join a creative, innovative team and collaborate across all disciplines to drive the aesthetic vision in a manner that is both beautiful, and technically correct - fully showcasing the power of Improbable's SpatialOS technology.
Areas for Impact
- Design user interface and HUD display systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective.
- Read and understand all game design documentation in order to understand the intended user experience.
- Develop concepts for in-game menus.
- Apply and maintain a consistent artistic standard for the entire interface of a project and respect brand guidelines in conjunction with Art Director.
- Understand and respect technical constraints of the platform.
- Make sure that all game information is clearly, consistently and relevantly conveyed through the various user interfaces.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- University or college diploma in graphic and multimedia design or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years minimum of solid UI/UX design experience.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists and engineers to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
- Ability to design UI flow and layout in conjunction with discipline leads.
- Expertise in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Unreal Engine or other commercial game engines experience (preferred).
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.