Insurance is a promise to be there for the worst day of your life.
At Attune, it's a promise to small businesses and the communities built around them.
Getting an insurance quote is painful for small business owners. It takes weeks of back-and-forth with brokers and carriers. Skipping the broker isn't ideal, either. There is too much jargon and risk to confidently purchase insurance without a broker.
Attune is building modern tools to make getting insurance easy, partnering with brokers for the best outcomes for our small business customers.
Our engineering team is a friendly, agile, and collaborative group with varied backgrounds. We augment Attune's insurance expertise with the design and development skills of a seasoned startup team.
Attune is backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, so you'll have the ownership and excitement of working at a growing startup, along with the resources and stability of an established company. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers, designers, insurance experts, data scientists, and customer care team members to make small business insurance faster and easier.
As the first researcher joining a fast-growing startup, you will have tremendous impact towards redesigning an antiquated industry: small business insurance.
You will work with cross-disciplinary teams (designers, product managers, underwriters, data-scientists, revenue/sales, and engineers) to influence our core product. Your projects will range from tactical user experience optimization to high level strategic discovery. Your impact will be helping us achieve a high fidelity understanding of our customers, and with that, an industry leading edge.
- Be a champion and source of knowledge on users’ behaviors, needs, and attitudes (insurance brokers, policyholders, partners, internal stakeholders, etc)
- Synthesize and socialize research findings and insights to the product team and company wide
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research to deeply understand our customer's needs and how we might design for them
- Design a system for documenting, tracking, and socializing research insights throughout our organization, such that our insights can continue to inform the product roadmap and future projects
- Co-create concept provocations alongside designers and PMs to help drive and define product vision
- Conduct proactive discovery research (i.e. shadowing sessions) to identify existing pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct UX/UI research such as usability testing, click testing, focus groups, information architecture, wireframing, etc.
- Work cross functionally to define research roadmap / goals
- 5+ years of experience in user research in the context of product management, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences
- Experience conducting user research for complex business applications
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and principles
- Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus
- Understanding of inclusive design and how to evaluate the accessibility of user interfaces
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Not required, but a plus: link to your online research portfolio or attach research deliverable samples