Senior Product Designer
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Trello is growing our design team and is searching for a passionate designer in New York! As a Senior Designer, you'd drive both strategy and execution, working to optimize our paid funnel and connect the right users with the right products.
Thinking at a higher level, you'll think through product strategy and vision to craft the future of how teams use Trello. Using a wide range of skills including research, ideation, and interaction/visual design, you'll create simple, intuitive experiences for our users.
More about the role
The Business Growth Team is transforming Trello, working to guide users through key stages in evaluating and understanding our products. In partnership with your team, you'll seek solutions that balance business needs with user expectations.
Effectively guiding users means clear and frictionless navigation and orientation. Accordingly, we're working to streamline IA and user pathways across our product, making Trello easier to use.
At Atlassian, designers work within a "squad" collaborating with product management, research and engineering teams. Partnering cross-functionally, you'll have substantial ownership and autonomy, and make a strong impact on a product used by millions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX or Product Designer in increasingly senior roles, designing and shipping product.
- Experience harnessing the energy of a large, highly skilled cross-functional product team. This means strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with diverse teams, and the attitude to lead teams toward the best design outcomes.
- Incredible communication skills, in multiple settings: one on ones, group meetings, and written communication. You can translate highly technical content to non-technical people, and more importantly into our user’s language.
- Experience with customer research, and a high degree of customer empathy.
- Comfort in defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- Strong execution skills and experience with modern tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, and Keynote. You're accustomed to using prototyping tools in your workflow.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.