Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Designer in the Business Stakeholders charter, you will work with a cross-functional team to discover, define and deliver frictionless experiences, from internal tooling to organizational workflows. If you have a passion for problem solving, systems design and optimizing business processes this role may be a good fit. If you are comfortable facilitating user research studies and team workshops, plus have experience working with design systems, that’s even better! You’ll join a design chapter of passionate design generalists who excel in their respective areas and enjoy continuous learning, autonomy, and the opportunity to impact the product in a meaningful way.
You’ll support your cross-functional product development team during discovery and delivery.
- Work with a product manager on defining the product opportunity and other discovery activities
- Partner with PM in planning and conducting customer research
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Rapid ideation and iteration on UX solutions
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan the implementation of the solution
- Create prototypes and test them with users
- Improve UX and design quality by pairing with engineers and other designers
- Develop final UI, aligning and contributing to our design system along the way
- Work with a cross-functional team to QA the implementation
- Self-starter, looks for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Strong communicator
- User advocate
- Experience or interest in service design and systems thinking
- Experience or interest in user research (quantitive and qualitive) and user testing
- Experience or interest designing internal tooling
- Experience or interest in meeting and workshop facilitation (good to have)
- Experience or interest in writing UX copy (good to have)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Learn and develop with a generous education budget (complete with extra days off!) to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Collaborate and develop alongside coworkers at onsite workshops, meetups, guest speakers, as well as company and team events. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Coffee lover? Try our artisanal coffee!
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer German classes onsite
- Bring your dog to work! We’re a dog-friendly office
- Move to Berlin! We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- We love technology- here you’ll work with the latest and greatest hardware
- Keep warm during the Berlin winters with some Contentful socks!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!