Senior UX Content Strategist
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist with a strong background in information architecture to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience developing research-informed content hierarchies, establishing content patterns, and designing a variety of content types across the customer journey. You’ll work closely with our writers and designers to create compelling, useful product content for small business marketers. This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with research, design, marketing, and product teams to understand requirements, identify users’ content needs, and align on business goals.
- Assess content discovery and planning needs, ensuring the right content activities are prioritized and executed on cross-functional teams.
- Lead information architecture and content hierarchy work within product experiences and user flows
- Align other content practitioners to create cohesive content experiences, including narrative strategy and voice and tone, across the customer journey.
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types and models, template requirements, taxonomies, etc.
- Facilitate content critiques, lead cross-functional workshops, and advise partners on content execution.
- Create tools, guides, and templates to empower colleagues to create their own great content.
We've love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience as a content strategist, information architect, writer, or related position
- You have a portfolio of work you’ve done. Bonus if it includes interface content, microcopy, or even style guides.
- You have the ability to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, and human
- You have an understanding of user experience and content optimization principles across channels (web, email, and social media) and devices
- You have experience working with headless content management systems
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have experience in a product-focused environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!