Head of UX
Doctors are under incredible pressure – to deliver extraordinary levels of patient care – in a field that never stands still. Somehow on top of the long hours the world’s 20 million doctors must stay on top
of new science, products and techniques – all the while building their professional profiles and reputations.
The old way to do this is reading journals, joining associations and several times a year, flying around the world to mega-conferences.
Reachora is a better way. An intelligent community platform where physicians can connect, share and learn in a more efficient, cost-effective and sustainable way.
To build the world’s largest medical community, with the power to enhance the quality of physician’s lives and the lives of their patients.
To get there we can stand on the shoulders of advances made already by consumer social media platforms – whilst innovating and research ourselves into the specific needs of the physician community.
Two years old, Reachora is a well-funded and resourced UK and US-based MedTech startup with an impressive leadership line-up. We have just completed a successful and profitable Beta in Cardiology, and are poised for rapid growth, extending our platform and expanding into Oncology and other verticals. We have a content network of 8m+ cardiologists, and our own content platform – https://rutherfordmedicine.com/
This will be Reachora’s first User Experience hire, and is the first step to bringing Design, UX and UI in-house for the first time. The role will report into our newly appointed Product Director, and together these two will be tasked with building out our brand-new product team.
We already have a super-capable 5-person development team, who have already built our
sophisticated custom-built backend. But now it’s time to accelerate the frontend and turn our beta
into a truly market-leading community platform – across all verticals and devices.
Your Experience (What we are looking for):
Someone with the ability to develop a new software product and take it to market, being able to methodically tackle UX problems, align with the vision of our company and turn that vision into design concepts.
Right now our platform is a responsive web experience, but we are looking to ship a mobile app soon. You will have first-hand experience in creating mobile app experiences.
You have experience with wire-framing and UX methodologies and are passionate about user-centered design.
Your Responsibilities (Things you’ll be doing)
In working with Product director, you will find practical solutions to user problems and use both UX and visual design skills to create experiences that are both visually appealing, and valuable to our users – across mobile and web.
You will work with a distributed engineering team to ship – overseeing that the design gets implemented as planned.
· You will help shape our product experience and design language at Reachora, creating and maintaining design standards for the product.
· You will conduct and facilitate user research, from discovery through to evaluation
· You will recruit and manage your own internal UX / UI design team
Who you are (Your character)
· You should be a self-starter, with great verbal and written communication skills, and able to work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· You’ll be comfortable bringing new ideas to the table and confidently able to lead all UX and design-related activities.
· You have great energy and drive to develop and ship new features, with the ability to lead and inspire people to stay the course.
· You are persistent and never accept falling at the first hurdle.
· You are openly collaborative.
· You thrive in a culture of constant change.
· You are based in Europe and have the right to work in the UK
What’s in it for you:
· A chance to join a fast-moving start-up, with great backing, in a high-growth and high-value market – but that is also at an early enough stage that you can truly steer the platform from beta to scale, and personally benefit from the success you build.
· This is an ideal opportunity for a talented UX designer to step up! We are a diverse and experienced team, who will afford you plenty of autonomy while coaching you to fulfill your potential.
What you’ll receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Company Options scheme to enable you to benefit from an exit or IPO
· 25 days holiday
· Flexible and remote working as required: our team are currently based in London but also the US, Philipines, Scotland, Bulgaria and France.
· When in London, we have a cool, modern office in a co-working space in Paddington, London, with an on-site gym
· Private pension contributions
· Bike-to-Work Scheme
· A chance to build a product, that if successful, will truly enhance the medical care and outcomes of millions of patients all around the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.