Lead UX Designer
About Rapid Robotics
Rapid’s mission is to provide manufacturers a robotic solution that can be deployed against simple tasks in hours rather than weeks, and at a fraction of the cost of other automation solutions that require extensive manual programming. Our product is a fully integrated robotic arm work cell that is trained to perform tasks out of the box, and learns new tasks via our cloud infrastructure, AI, and Computer Vision.
Rapid’s software provides our customers with an intuitive interface that gives them the tools to deploy and redeploy Rapid’s automated work cells on their manufacturing lines without having to be a robotics expert. To enable accessible and simple user-facing controls requires an extensive and specialized technology stack. Rapid’s platform is powered by AI and Computer Vision that drastically reduces the complexity, cost, and time typically required to set up a robotic arm. In short, we are automating the process for deploying manufacturing automation.
Rapid’s solution is already deployed with customers, and is proven to deliver increased profits and decreased costs, making our solution indispensable for the future of manufacturing.
About the Role
As the Lead UX Designer you will lead the strategy and execution that defines how our customers experience our product. We are looking for someone who has experience transforming highly complex/technical processes into simple, streamlined, and guided workflows.
You will work in collaboration with our highly experienced technology team leads as well as the CEO and CTO to help drive the product roadmap. You will also be responsible for ensuring that everything we build is executed thoughtfully and delivers clear value to our customers.
This is a hands-on role that requires proactively tackling complex problems by building elegant, simple, and intuitive design solutions. As a part of the Rapid leadership team, you should be comfortable sharing ideas while also respecting the perspectives of others. We value collaboration above all else.
- Lead UX strategy and execution for Rapid’s existing and new services
- Create and iterate UX flows for prototyping and final production
- Create component libraries to ensure consistent interaction paradigms throughout the product
- Work with customers to understand core use cases and to drive future product services
- Work with our front end engineering team to efficiently transfer and improve designs and interactions
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive product roadmap
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment
- Demonstrate solid understanding of web design and user experience principles (UX/UI)
- Communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale visually and verbally
- Own the UX process from ideation to final deliverables
- 5+ years of experience delivering on end-to-end UX projects (ie. Ideation to live product)
- Design lead on at least 2 shipped web or mobile applications for highly technical products
- Ability to communicate concepts and solutions through sketches, wireframes, design comps, and workflow prototypes
- Design portfolio that showcases your work including UX concepts, sitemaps, flows, and wireframes, and demonstrates how you apply knowledge of usability, user-centric design, content strategy and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking
- A flexible, fast learner with a track record delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced work environment
- You thrive working in a collaborative environment and are motivated by feedback from users, designers, and cross-functional partners
- Proficiency with preferred design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma, XD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an ability to present work confidently
Nice to Have
- Worked on React.js apps before
- Previous projects with data visualization, complex interactions,unique data sets, and 3D spatial interactions
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
At Rapid Robotics our fantastic team is what makes us special. We are proudly committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, inclusion and connectedness that celebrates our differences in identity, experience, and point of view. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and empowers everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Rapid Robotics is an an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex, age, educational background, national origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, lifestyle, veteran status, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.