Design Research Lead
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
Ethos is looking for a Research Lead to drive how we derive insights about the people and constituents we serve. At Ethos, you will play an instrumental role in shaping every aspect of the research process closely with a talented cross-functional team to develop solutions to large and interesting challenges. You should be a pioneer who is not afraid to experiment, invent, and occasionally fail. You should be energized by building from the ground up and driving business value.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct studies across our key product areas, using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Review, analyze, and communicate data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations that drive product innovation and design improvements for the people we serve
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Data, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Product
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations among the design teams and the company overall, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience conducting research within Product or Growth organizations, utilizing both qualitative and quantitative UX research methods
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field; or comparable UX research experience
- Experience with market research, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); openness to collaboration and continual growth.
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Computer Science
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Visual communication, information design, and wire-framing skills
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.