Junior UI/UX Designer
As the only in-house UI/UX Designer of a fast-growing tech start-up, you will be responsible for turning ideas into perfectly executed product prototypes and features for Wi5’s Order & Pay web-based solution, whilst also creating beautiful bespoke user interfaces across multiple projects simultaneously.
Culture & Values
- We generate positive impact at scale.
- We’re looking for bold, confident, friendly and positive people that will bring enthusiasm and passion to work each day.
- We prioritise, whilst always striving for ‘as soon as possible’.
- We encourage responsibility and autonomy.
- We’re incredibly supportive of one another, always mindful to show integrity and respect.
- We’re sociable and looking for people who’ll become active members of our community.
- The rapid production of high-fidelity prototypes, through the customisation of any of our core Products to be true to the Brand of each of our business customers, up to a handful per week.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journeys and personas.
- Working with the Product, Engineering and Delivery teams to bring new product features to life
- Working closely to and receive mentoring from our (external) Senior UI/UX designer
- Sometimes working as a UX Researcher and utilise a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable work experience as a UI/UX Designer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry standard tools for producing designs, assets and clickable prototypes; including Sketch and Principle.
- Fluent in current UX best practice and usability principles, interaction and UI design trends.
- Good understanding of front-end development to inform high quality, implementable solutions. N.B. Programming skills are not a requirement, but certainly beneficial.
- Confident in presenting and promoting your ideas, thinking and design processes to a wider team, both across Product and Engineering, even with strong-willed and fast-paced teams
We want to ensure team members are comfortable, creative and happy; we’ve curated a market-leading benefits package, including:
- Mission, spot and company-wide bonuses
- Flexible working hours (core hours of 10am-4pm)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Share options through an EMI scheme
- Sick pay and long term illness cover
- Life assurance cover
- Critical illness cover
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan for dental, optics, etc.
- Training budget
- Career progression planning