At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build solid and functional products. So we put designers, developers, and PMs together to build frictionless experiences. From our APIs interface to our developer console — there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric and beautiful design.
We’re looking for passionate designers to join our Platform Group and build end-to-end product experiences. As a product designer in a cross-functional team you will mentor your colleagues on UX/UI best practices and be an advocate for user-centric methodologies on the product(s) that you are building.
You will also have the opportunity to align with other peers in the Design organisation and to gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Work in the Data, Payments, or Developers teams as part of the Platform Group.
- Conduct research and competitor analysis;
- Spec optimal user journeys and product functionalities;
- Create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes;
- Design for all devices (responsive design);
- Consume our Design System library and contribute to its evolution;
- Create presentation and design materials needed to support the product commercially;
- Collaborate with other designers and advocate for design consistency.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a portfolio consisting of at least 3 major projects, or several smaller ones;
- Are demonstrably able to solve problems of complexity through smart design;
- Have a strong understanding of web grids and browser limitations;
- Are data-driven and be able to back up their assertions with data;
- Have a user-first attitude and ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture;
- Are familiar with HTML, CSS and Git version control.
Nice to haves:
- Expertise with HTML/CSS and Git version control;
- Familiarity with CSS/SVG animations and React JS;
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services;
- Experience working with Design Systems;
- Experience in a fast-growing startup.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!