Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
We're currently searching for a talented Product Designer to join our team in London. You'll be joining a small team that loves making simple, beautiful interfaces for a new generation of investors. Our London team is spearheading the creation of new products for the European market through B2B partnerships. We have the best of both worlds by having the option to work on startup type products with new tech whilst also drawing upon the reach and scale of large, established business partners across Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Primarily focus on designing experiences for European customers including rapid prototyping of new ideas
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to solve complex and engaging problems
- Collaborate closely with B2B partners to design for customers across various European markets
- Conduct user research and testing to discover needs and validate solutions
- Work closely with our Engineering team to implement and refine your designs
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute to our design system
- Help build our product design practice; enabling us to do our best work, the best way
We’re looking for people who:
- Love to turn complex problems into elegant solutions
- Advocate for users out of a deep empathy for them
- Champion all elements of the user experience
- Have a rigorous understanding of the product design process (including research, user flows, wireframing, prototyping, and testing)
- Are able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind their work
- Are confident leading design sprints and managing stakeholders
- Can collaborate with external partners to create systems that work well together
- Are adept at design fundamentals as well as have deep expertise in 1/2 areas
- Have worked on a consumer-facing app or product, ideally one that has users across multiple countries/languages
- Can execute on beautiful visual design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Take initiative, bring ideas to the table and own projects
- Prefer to work closely with other disciplines and value the opinion of team members across the company
- Value open communication and working on a small and transparent team
- 4+ years in a similar role + a portfolio
- Highly skilled in Figma/Sketch and similar design tools
- Demonstrated ability to ship polished and well-thought-out experiences
- Experience working in fast moving, high ambiguity environments
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.