Diverse Computing is looking for a highly creative and experienced full-time UI/UX Designer to join our team. This is an immediate opening for a position located in Tallahassee, FL, although we would consider remote candidates as well anyone willing to relocate. As a UI/UX Designer for Diverse Computing, you’ll be working on projects that have a measurable impact on public safety while receiving competitive pay and industry-leading benefits.
Imagine working for a small software company where you get to take ownership of your projects. Imagine seeing an enterprise-level piece of software developed from concept to launch. Image meeting with law enforcement and public safety professionals and hearing how much better their new software works and makes their jobs easier. Imagine being part of a full software development and project management team that is just as industrious and motivated as you are. Imagine having a genuine work-life balance where your company is invested in your career development as well as your quality of life outside the office. At Diverse Computing, these aren’t just catch phrases… they are part of our everyday reality.
If you’re a hard-worker who welcomes a good challenge and likes creative problem solving, this could be for you! Please read on for more info.
As a UI/UX Designer you will:
- Be an integral member of the product development team
- Craft beautiful, creative, and highly functional designs for our different software applications
- Be involved with end-user research and discussions to explore user requirements
- Identify and work within any design requirements that are mandated by the client
- Work closely with the software development team to help bring your designs to life in our products
- Document the different design and branding standards
- Stay up-to-date on the latest design and user experience trends
- Assist with the creation of user training materials such as videos and manuals
- Assist the business development team with graphic design and corporate website projects
- Assist with the creation of office administration materials (e.g. business cards, door signs, letterhead, logos, etc.)
This job might be for you if:
- You have at least five (5) years of graphic design or website design experience
- You have at least two (2) years of UI/UX experience for software or web applications
- You’re extremely proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite of products
- You have previous experience with wire-framing technology, HTML, and/or CSS
- You have a preference doing client-side work instead of being part of an agency
- You have experience with different software tools for doing mockups
- You tend to pick up new design software applications quickly
- You have a natural eye for design
- You have a passion for making things that are both aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-use
- You can provide a strong digital portfolio of your past work
- You’re deadline-oriented and enjoy working either in teams or independently
- You pay close attention to the details and are a hawk when it comes to editing proofs
- You enjoy seeing a project through from concept to launch
- You're a natural people-pleaser
- You have a great attitude and a willingness to help others
- You are comfortable with designing within the constraints of a style guide and client requirements
- You are able to commit to working on our projects for a minimum of three (3) years
- You can pass a background check and drug screening
- You're available full-time Monday-Friday
We ask a lot, but we give a lot in return:
- Achieve work/life balance with a flexible and family-friendly schedule.
- Feel good about making a difference by working on software that helps keep your community safe. DCI is blazing a nationwide trail as an innovative leader in the field of criminal justice.
- Be part of a serious, mission-driven team with an award-winning office culture that’s welcoming, fun, and collaborative. We’ve even been recognized as one of the country’s best places to work.
- Enjoy perks like a fully-stocked snack pantry, coffee bar, an on-site gym, and a pet-friendly policy.
- Take advantage of a full benefits package including health, FSA, dental, vision, life, Simple IRA with company match, paid holidays, and a flexible PTO (Paid Time Off) policy.
- Achieve personal goals through opportunities to get involved with local community groups, professional organizations, charity work, and further professional training if needed.
- Grow with a company that has room for horizontal and vertical movement within its ranks.
If you're considering relocating to Tallahassee, FL, our city has a lot to offer:
- Low cost of living (the average home value is $197k)
- Warm weather year round (you will never have to shovel snow in your driveway)
- Strong community with genuine Southern hospitality
- Large number of small- and mid-sized IT companies focused in the area of "gov-tech"
- Manageable traffic and commutes (you can get most places in town within 20-25 minutes)
- Large number of city parks and outdoor activities (e.g. hiking, kayaking, golfing, tennis, fishing, frisbee golf, etc.)
Ready to apply?
- Click on the link below to go to the application form.
- Please be sure to provide a resume and a cover letter that includes contact info for three professional references AND links to previous design work that you've done.
***A note to our applicants: With regard to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are sensitive to the needs of our employees and employment candidates during this unprecedented time of uncertainty. We have an excellent network and capabilities to conduct our entire business remotely. Any interviews will be scheduled via RingCentral (Zoom), and on-boarding/training may take place virtually as well. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.