As a UI/UX Designer at Vehicle History, you help determine the user experience for our digital product. You have acute self-awareness and deep empathy for both the goals of our users and our business. Improving user engagement, innovating on new site features, and constantly pushing to simplify and enhance how users are able to access vehicle research data is your day-to-day. You’ll own areas of work from design through to completion, collaborate with our internal engineering team, and be directly involved in evaluating feedback from real users to continuously perfect our product.
- Draw insight from data provided by web analytics and research studies, and turn those insights into tangible design solutions
- Rapidly build mock-ups and prototypes to help inform discussions around feature development and idea brainstorming for A/B testing of various site improvements
- Refine and perfect the design of new features and product improvements through to development-ready files for implementation and testing
- Collaborate with our internal engineering team on all the details that deliver truly great experiences through the use of design systems, wireframes and interaction specifications
- Contribute to team culture by demonstrating a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, lack of ego, leadership qualities and openness to learning and feedback
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years of related experience in UX/UX design
- Portfolio demonstrating creative thinking, problem solving, process, and exceptional quality of work spanning various digital platforms
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms
- Proven track record of creative thinking and solving challenges with intuitive and engaging design solutions
- A thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized working style with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Deep appreciation and understanding of user experience, including research, user-centered design techniques, usability testing – and applying it to create compelling digital experiences
- High proficiency in the use of UX tools such as Adobe XD or Sketch
About Vehicle History
Vehicle History has endeavoured to become the world’s largest automotive community. Our comprehensive database of vehicle details, owner reviews and community-driven questions and answers about new and used vehicles positions our product to be a leading source for all automotive research.
With millions of visitors every month and 30% MoM growth across our key metrics, we are at a critical growth trajectory as we look to expand our product team.