Knack seeks to maximize the impact of peer tutoring on student success at college campuses. We do this by providing students with beautiful web and mobile applications that connect students for in-person and online tutoring, while simultaneously supplying college admins with a central dashboard to manage and scale all of their peer tutoring programs. We partner with some of the largest colleges in the U.S., serving thousands of students, tutors, and colleges administrators every single day.
At Knack, we believe that direct peer-to-peer learning has the power to unlock every student's true potential and, by leveraging technology and collaborative partnerships, we can ensure that tutoring is accessible for all students.
Knack is located in sunny Tampa, Florida and is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Jeff Vinik (Owner, Tampa Bay Lightning), Precursor Ventures, Bisk Education Ventures, Elysium Venture Capital, Arizona State University Enterprise Partners, TiE Tampa Bay Angel Fund, and Alex Sink (Former CFO, State of Florida).
We are seeking a Full-Time Product/UX Designer in Tampa, FL to work directly with our co-founder/Chief Product Officer, as well as our engineering and business teams. As the first product hire, you will be pivotal in guiding the direction of the product as well as the development of the product team as we scale.
What you get
- Competitive salary & vested stock options (equity ownership)
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401K, and wellness stipend
- New laptop/equipment of your choice.
- Catered lunch 3 days a week
- Unlimited PTO
- A beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Tampa - check it out!
- Work from home flexibility
- Company events and outings
- Relocation assistance (if needed)
- Autonomy, ownership, and the chance to grow alongside a phenomenal, passionate team
What you get to do
- Craft every detail of new product features, including research, ideation, UX, UI, testing, and feedback collection
- Utilize and improve on a completely cross-platform design system
- Generate ideas from research, feedback, experimentation, and data, integrating them into a cohesive roadmap
- Collaborate with teammates and analyze research to flesh out ideas and build confident predictions of costs and benefits
- Create sufficient specifications for implementation that may include static designs, state charts, diagrams, and/or prototypes
- See ideas through to the delivery of pixel perfect products, including testing, quality assurance, and release
This may be for you if
- You have deep experience designing and bringing products to life independently and collaboratively
- You believe that your most important job is to align incentives of stakeholders to maximize impact
- You believe that what makes products beautiful is their utility, simplicity, elegance, and accessibility
- You deeply believe in reasoning from first principles, seeking to uncover the root of problems and the true objectives of users
- You can deeply empathize with stakeholders in order to invent on their behalf
- You are especially collaborative and value environments where the best ideas win, independent of from whom they arise
- You crave the challenge of learning and unlocking new capabilities for yourself
- You are able to understand complex systems, and how each piece may affect one another
- You are a constant creator and improver of process, with discernment of when to utilize processes and when to short circuit them
- You deeply value organizing and documenting your work and knowledge for posterity
- You believe premature optimization is a footgun, and that 20% of a feature may drive 80% of the value
- Artistic, illustrative, and/or art direction capabilities
- Interest in leadership, product management, and driving collaboration as we scale our product team
- Ability to jump into code and make styling/layout/interaction tweaks (knowledge of react is double bonus!)
- Experience with conducting user research, feedback collection, and/or user testing
- Understanding of statistics, probability, mathematical optimization, and/or data analysis
- Interest and knowledge of the higher education or tutoring space