Senior UX/UI Designer
Who we are
simplabs is a digital product agency that crafts digital products with clients around the globe. We have our roots in the open-source community and create digital products for clients that value code quality, robustness, dependability, and honesty.
We work with international startups and corporates including Qonto, Trainline, Generali and Clark.
Who we are looking for
Having our roots in the open-source community and technology, we are currently in the process of establishing design as a second pillar of our offerings and our business. We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer who can guide that initiative to success working closely with the managing director and lead design in projects, eventually with their own team.
We are looking for someone who covers the entire design process from exploration and strategy to designing compelling user interfaces and collaborating effectively with a project team. You should have experience running ideation and design workshops and be familiar with the respective practices and techniques.
What will you do?
- Craft elegant and usability-focussed user interfaces for digital products and features
- Create stunning visual designs for our own campaigns and marketing materials
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to fully understand customer needs and business value
- Create user flows, wireframes and other design assets
- Coordinate and run usability tests, discovery sessions, contextual analyses plus any other relevant research required to better understand the problems that our clients are faced with, identifying ways to uncover opportunities.
- Interrogate various data sources to uncover relevant quantitative insights.
- Ideate quickly and effectively with your team, favoring communication, and collaboration
- Articulate design decisions based on technical constraints and opportunities through a basic understanding of web technologies
- Create and contribute to project Design Systems
- Continuously optimize the design process in your team and across the company
- Test and optimize low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and customers to iteratively validate that we are solving the right problems
- Work closely with engineers in a product team to bring designs to live
Who you are
- an experienced designer with a history of successful contributions to projects – if you have experience building web-based apps, that's a plus
- a strong communicator who works closely with others in cross-functional teams and runs effective exploration and design workshops – if you have experience working with clients in a consulting/freelance situation, that's a plus
- someone who is passionate about design and sharing their expertise and experience – if you have spoken at conferences or other events before, that's a plus
- a fluent english speaker – we have an international team and work with clients around the world
- someone who is fine with traveling occasionally to visit clients on-site for limited amounts of time or attending company or other events – this will not be in excess of a few days every 2 months
What we offer
- a chance to establish, form and lead a new branch of our business, eventually with your own team
- competitive salary
- 30 days of paid vacation
- a flextime schedule to accommodate the needs of caretakers
- 20% of your time free to dedicate on projects of your choice
- chance and support to attend and speak at international conferences
- a flat organization with little process standing in your way
- regular company events to meet your team members
- an international, communicative and supportive team
- coworkers & engineers who value designs as a crucial part of any successful project
- flexible work environment (fully remote within Europe – choose between a paid office space that suits you or working from home)
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a wider outlook of our team that not only improves our working atmosphere but also increases our productivity as a company. We are committed to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you'd like to work with us and think you're a good fit for the position, send us an email with all relevant details about you and your work to firstname.lastname@example.org