Mid Product Designer
Our AI assesses damage and estimates repair costs in real time. This means claims can be settled quicker and livelihoods restored. We’re applying our AI today to tangible problems that affect many thousands of people across the world, and making a difference. Our technology is patented and trained on one of the largest datasets in the industry. On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, ownership, flexible working and more.
Product development @ Tractable
Our vision for our products is to simplify and accelerate claim journeys. The way we build our product is by putting a team together with all the skills and context it needs to be able to solve problems. This means you will be working alongside software engineers, Machine Learning engineers, data scientists and product managers to work on a variety of problems. You will be working out how we can best help people after an accident.
There are 3 key aspects of how we do product development:
- We define, value and appreciate success through our team achievements.
- We define done when something we build has an impact in the real world, to real users, with real results.
- We seek whatever can help us find the best idea and make a better decision. We love to challenge ideas because that is how ideas improve and get from good to really great.
The product you’ll be working on:
You will be working with our talented team working on our AI Estimating applications. In this team we build applications for car owners and insurance claim handlers to facilitate the process of submitting a motor insurance claim in the most seamless and AI-driven way possible. Our powerful AI is able to figure out the nature and amount of car damage after a road accident purely by visually analysing photographs. It enables full automation of traditionally manual tasks involved in the process of filing claims, and the applications we build in this team enable that capability to be deployed to the real world, acting on claims as they are being processed and inspiring confidence to our users, through great UX and transparency.
The key challenges you will be managing is how to develop a UI/UX journey for car owners that makes them feel comfortable after they have recently met with an accident and how our application can help them file a claim with utmost ease. The process needs to be easy but at the same time needs to gather all information necessary to process the claim using AI. On the other side, another important challenge will be on how to present the AI results in the most useful manner to both the car owner and the claim handler and designing all their human interactions within our applications.
You will be researching and creating an understanding of our users, their journeys and workflows, as well as transforming complex tasks into intuitive and easy-to-use designs for all our end-users, from first-time users to experts.
This will involve:
- Working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers and cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Working embedded in a product development team to understand requirements, and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Helping to integrate user feedback and customer requirements into ongoing updates of our products.
- Advocating for the prioritization of design centered changes and improvements to our products.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- Around 3 years (or more) experience in a similar design role
- Strong experience conducting user research.
- Experience designing web/mobile user interfaces and creating examples through wireframes and mock-ups.
- Demonstrable experience being able to work cross-functionally with other teams (Engineers, Product Managers etc)
- Portfolio of work supporting your experience creating great user experiences.
- Strong visual design skills
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different user research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Competitive salary & 6 month salary reviews
- Pension scheme
- Flexible Working
- L+D budget
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Daily snacks & soft drinks
- Regular company events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more