Senior User Experience Designer
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About the Team
The Product Design team is committed to creating and delivering Business Wire’s amazing next-generation client experience based on the latest tools, tech and workflows. UX design sits at the center of our technology, business and customers. Everything we do comes from a human centered point of view. We are deeply empathetic. We champion bold ideas and world class experiences throughout our products. We are a growing team and looking to add a passionate and talented Senior UX Designer to the team.
About the Role
The Senior UX Designer will have significant impact and influence on our new direction and the company’s design culture. You will be responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that are both useful and beautiful. This includes all phases of the design process from conceptual design/development (e.g. product strategy, prototyping) to execution and implementation. Common artifacts include interaction models, interface and visual design concepts, prototypes, user task/interaction flows, navigation and information architecture maps, storyboards, persona/scenario development, etc. In other words, you’re a full stack designer. You will work closely with the UX Director and team leads to establish and maintain the UX design integrity of the Business Wire experience end to end.
What You'll Do
- Translate rough concepts into working models and prototypes.
- Further the user experience toward a cohesive unified vision through hands-on design, having a critical eye toward developing a consistent product and a desire to push design methodologies.
- Interpret analytics, user research, and testing - apply findings to design solutions.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing user experience.
- Develop design to dev documentation (e.g. specifications/guidelines).
- Translate customer and business requirements into viable design concepts that inspire team members and colleagues to develop the right product.
- Contribute to the evolution and strategy of design policies and practices as they apply to the implementation of standards, interaction, color, typography, artwork, and all other visual/interactive expressions of the user experience.
- Interface with key internal client and project stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products/experiences and bring new ideas to the team.
- Understand and articulate the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
- Make decisions regarding your own work and make recommendations in regard to the larger team.
- Act as a recognized and active resource on User Experience Design for others in the company.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field along with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in interactive, GUI, user-centered, web, and mobile design.
- A strong digital portfolio that demonstrates expert creative and design skills as they apply to typography, color, layout/composition, perspective, imagery, and mobile/device interaction.
- Proficiency in Sketch and Zeplin.
- Demonstrated ability to design complex interactive experiences geared toward performance and scale.
- A human-centered approach to design and demonstrated experience putting HCD methodologies into practice across web and mobile interfaces.
- A thorough understanding of research practices, interaction design best practices, HCI design principles and the ability to apply them in a creative way toward rapid prototyping techniques, paper prototyping, concept mapping, card sorting, task analysis, scenario development, use case development, ethnographic research, persona creation, object modeling, etc.
- Exceptional artistic and visual design sensibilities.
- Expert knowledge of optimization techniques, craft issues, and performance considerations.
- Ability to adapt and operate within a variety of creative styles.
- Excellent grammatical skills and the ability to communicate clearly verbally, visually and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively under pressure and ambiguity while balancing speed and quality.
- Solid project management, organizational, and analytical skills. Significant experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- An almost obsessive attention to detail in addition to strong collaboration and influencing skills.
At this time, Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.