Our mission within Ding’s Creative team is to build beautiful and simple products and services in service to Ding’s communities of senders and receivers.
This role presents an interesting opportunity for a passionate UI/UX designer who enjoys a challenge. Reporting to the Creative and Product Design Team Lead, you’ll be joining the design team at an exciting time as we’re in the process of rebranding and optimising Ding’s products through exceptional design and user experience. You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers and Developers, as part of an agile team to design cutting edge interfaces for our website and applications. You’ll always put the user’s needs first and understand the importance of balancing usability, performance and beautiful design to create the best possible experience.
You will have experience following an iterative design process in a fast-paced environment, leveraging user research and data to create prototypes that can be handed over to developers seamlessly. You will work with reusable components, design systems and visual guidelines to maintain consistency across the products.
- You will be the design point of contact for your squad, that includes Product, Development, QA and Data.
- Take full ownership for your deliverables end to end, with a strong focus on usability.
- Responsible for creating exceptional UI for our website, that is in-line with our brand and meets the agreed timelines.
- Drive UI principles and trends within your squad, with consideration for performance, device type and user insights.
- Implement designs quickly with an iterative approach, so we are continuously testing and improving our products.
- Create designs that will support our ambitious growth targets and increase customer engagement, conversions and revenue.
- Take a pragmatic, positive approach to creating design solutions that are commercially sound.
- Work closely with our UX researcher to ensure customer insights are applied to our UI.
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of visual design principles: colour theory, hierarchy, symmetry and balance to your work.
- Monitor and actively research design trends and user expectations to drive design decisions.
- Work and support third party agencies, if required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum 4+ years in a fast-paced ecommerce environment as a UI/UX designer.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to produce exceptional UI design with UX principles applied, is essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of UX design principles and an interest in trends, systems and tools.
- Proven track record of impacting conversion rate through design solutions
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe suite, InVision, Zeplin, UXPin (or other wireframing tools).
- Experience with interaction tools: AE, Principle, Framer or similar.
Desired but not essential:
- A degree or similar qualification in your area of expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in native app design is a plus.
*please ensure to include a link to your portfolio within your application
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Above all, we’re looking for people who demonstrate our company values:
- Puts users first
- Evolves through fast action
- Continually raises the bar
- Respects everyone
- Drives impacts and ownership
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice