Who we are
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through sports and fitness! As the parent company of SwimOutlet.com, Spiraledge Inc. has been recognized as a Gold‐Level Fit‐Friendly Worksite at its headquarters in Campbell, CA. SwimOutlet.com has been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company and received Apparel Magazine 2019 Top Innovator Award!
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach, and surf!
Job Title: Web Designer/Product Designer
Reports to Creative Director
We are seeking a talented web designer/product designer to help us redesign the SwimOutlet.com website. SwimOutlet is the largest swim retailer in the US. This project should last 1.5 - 2 months. You are driven by excellent design and branding aesthetics combined with exceptional results. This role requires an independent self-starter who can work remotely with our team.
What you will do
- Work closely with our Creative Director on redesigning the e-commerce experience. Design aesthetic should be modern and cutting edge, following the latest UX trends.
- Create design assets including but not limited to style guide, landing pages, and specific page types in the e-commerce experience
- Deliver on-trend design and ideas, be innovative and willing to push the boundaries with elevated designs
Who you are
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- A strong portfolio of brand work that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills (Please include a link to your portfolio when applying)
- Goal Driven, Go-Getter Personality - nothing is an obstacle, everything is an opportunity!
- Definite Plus: Experience creating work for an e-commerce brand and basic understanding of Shopify
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental visual design principles such as typography, composition, color theory, and layout
- Great workability to easily accept changes and feedback
- Self-motivated, communicative, and the ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Highly collaborative, organized, strong attention to detail, and respect for deadlines
- Experience working remotely
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets.
Expected Hours of Work
Hours may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Base salary is negotiable based on experience
When you Apply
Be sure sure to add your cover letter, and a link to your portfolio. Please be specific as to why you feel you are qualified to work on an e-commerce site redesign.