Senior UX/UI Designer
*Note - as an essential service business, we are continuing to operate and hire during the COVID-19 emergency*
HeliosX is a ground-breaking group of med-tech and health companies, comprising MedExpress, Dermatica and ZipHealth. We are an innovative startup disrupting and transforming the way healthcare is delivered. We service over half a million patients in the UK providing tailored consultation and personalised prescription services helping people treat a wide range of conditions.
We are dedicated to improving the quality, accessibility and affordability of healthcare for every person on the planet. Currently we are one of only a handful of companies to operate in both Europe and the US and have a unique platform to deliver growth and make a real impact to the welfare of hundreds of millions of potential patients.
Our business is rapidly growing and evolving. How we communicate with our customers is essential to this, and therefore so is our approach to delivering great design both in UX and UI.
This is very much a hybrid role where you will deliver well defined validated user experiences and deliver well crafted beautiful visual design.
- You’ll be working tightly with our Brand, Marketing and Product teams to understand our user, their journey and map out user flows;
- You will create the necessary artefacts to communicate what the user experience ought to be, whether that’s prototypes, user personas, journey frameworks, or service diagrams, test and iterate to ensure optimal functionality;
- You’ll develop a visual system that will enable rapid and scalable application design in the future, from style guides, tools and component libraries to process improvements with our front-end devs;
- You’ll support the delivery and presentation to senior stakeholders of clearly defined, well-communicated and validated designs and flows that drive customer confidence, engagement and business metrics;
- Apply strategic thinking to design compelling, engaging experiences which balance user needs, business goals, and technological realities;
- Communicate designs through sketches, flows, customer journeys, and wireframes, leading cross-disciplinary team communication, collaboration and development.
- You’ll provide UX/UI best practice and mentoring to any future recruits and a strong voice for design across the business;
You thrive in dealing with the wider picture that starts with consumer understanding, through to consumer flow optimization and finishing off with a perfectly finished design.
- Outstanding consumer understanding and analytical capabilities;
- Considerable experience and a proven passion for crafting web and mobile experiences, solving end-to-end UX problems and playing a lead role on UX design projects;
- Understands business and customer goals and the right UX approach and tools to fulfil them;
- Apply strategic thinking to design and operate end-to-end in designing compelling, engaging experiences which balance user needs, business goals, and technological realities;
- Participate in designing a visual system that will enable rapid and scalable application design in the future;
- Strong UI and interaction design skills;
- Solid web and email design skills;
- Expert in either Sketch plus Zeplin/Invision or Figma;
- Adobe Creative Suite;
- Agile working as part of a cross-functional team;
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Health insurance
- Fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly social (drinks)
- Lunch on Fridays
- Pension scheme