Lead UX Designer
Lead – UX Designer
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Owned and Operated apps (O&O) is a set of fast-moving consumer apps (1weather, BaconReader, Tweetcaster, 1Astro etc) with a total user base of over 50 Million users and total monthly user base of over 10 Million users, primarily focused on the US market.
- 1Weather as the flagship product of the O&O pod has been consistently ranked among the top 3 weather apps in US and is used daily by over 2 Million users and has been rated as #1 android app by AndroidAuthority.
- 1Weather is not a weather app, it is a lifestyle app. Every single day, we help millions of users take more informed weather based decisions, ranging from how to plan their day better, to what types of clothes to wear, to how to plan their vacations better or how to keep themselves healthy and many more.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in pretty much all the spaces our products operate in and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul? free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work. And a really talented bunch of people to bounce ideas with.
Get to know our Design Organisation:
Product design practitioners here at InMobi come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, content strategy, engineering, fine arts, visual communication etc and are from a deep academic background in design and the passionately self-taught ones.
Our approach, our efforts and our outcome and everything we do here at InMobi Design is aligned to the vision:
“We design to create true-to-human value and we do it delightfully together”
It is not about creating the delight for the end consumers but also keeping the whole process delightful while we work with our partners in product, engineering and business. Right from identifying the problem worth solving for the consumers & hence valuable for business on a global scale, all the way to designing the intended seamless experience for the customers, the product design team at InMobi is known for their high bar for quality in their designed solutions.
The design organisation at InMobi operates on the foundation of its core values of
- Establishing a shared understanding of customer and business needs, by operating with deep empathy rooted in core human values
- Collaborating widely with partners from across diverse backgrounds for a more inclusive approach to problem solving
- Rightly utilising the makers time & craftsmanship on facets of experience that maximizes the overall impact to the intended outcome
- Measuring the impact of designed solutions both human and as well as business, to make well informed decisions to iterations.
What role you would play, as part of the design organisation?
- As a Lead UX designer, you will be the custodian of design for all consumer facing experiences of InMobi’s Owned and Operated app properties. We work like a start up and have bold bets on where the suite of apps is headed. We execute fast, run tons of experiments but at the same time don’t lose sight of the vision. We expect you to have a strong bias for action but also the ability to take a step back and see the big picture.
- We expect to think customers first and become the voice of customers for the team. Using user research strategy and analytics, you will not only identify customer needs & challenges, but also drive customer centricity amongst your key partners in product, technology and business.
- You will lead and mentor a team of junior designers with interaction and visual design background and steer them through the structure you will establish to deliver success for the business as intended in your design strategy.
- You should be able to work through the length & breadth of product design with ease. While you majorly focus on the design strategy & structure in terms of processes and systems, you will also spend a smaller part of your bandwidth in being hands-on in IxD, Visual, Motion design and prototyping. The design output you will deliver while being hands-on will set the standards for the junior designers. You are a strategic thinker and at the same time execute with great attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- While you inspire the team with the greatness in experiences you will design, you will also communicate the business value i.e., the value-first user centered experience efforts through clear and measurable means.
- As lead experience designer for O&O suite of apps, you will evangelise the design efforts internally to the larger organisation by means of product showcase demos, design newsletters, cross-functional meet-ups. At appropriate opportunities you will also evangelise the design for O&O in external forums such as Dribble, Behance, local design meet-ups and design conferences.
What do we expect from you?
- Ideally, you would be someone who has demonstrated experience of majorly working on consumer-facing problems at scale specifically in fast paced start-up environments.
- Must have a portfolio of experiences that are currently in use by the intended users at scale.
- Having a Bachelors, Masters or post-graduate degree in visual communication, product design, industrial design or information & Interface design or Human-computer interaction is a plus.
- Must have expert level skill in interaction and visual design, while being strong in design thinking and user research.
- We highly welcome experimental mindset and hence you should be able to demonstrate wide use of tools and processes that best helped you ship high quality experiences in your career.
- Thorough understanding and past experiences of having worked for android based app experiences.
- Having experience of mentoring and leading small team of designers is huge plus.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.