Who are we? ⭐️
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 40+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and soon New York, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🚀 Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry.
We have different products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level. We are building tech for:
- Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque. Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
- Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks
- Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market. We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
👉 What your team will look like
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate Product team of 5 people whose mission is to devise a strong product strategy to solve the needs of art sellers, buyers and shippers, working hand in hand with the Tech team. As a Product Designer, you will work in strong collaboration with our Head of Product, our product managers, user researcher and the other product designer, as well as with our CTO and our tech Team to iterate on our product and craft user-centric experiences.
✏️ What you'll do
- Translate industry-specific user needs into usable and delightful interfaces
- Collect insights and map the experience of users within the art world (personae, user journeys, experience maps, user flows…)
- Prototype, wireframe and design experiences that balance user needs with business requirements and technological feasibility
- Work hand-in-hand with developers to ship features that bring real added-value
- Take initiative on product features to build, remove or make evolve. Be autonomous and proactive on the experience you want to design for the users of our products
⛏️ Our design & technical stack includes...
- Figma (we all started on Sketch, making the transition is fluid, don’t worry ;) )
- Application Framework: Zend, Angular
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Datadog, Github
🌍 What we Offer
- The chance to work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities.
- A young & dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The opportunity to work on different products simultaneously if you enjoy variety, or to focus on one single product if you like it better
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Even though we are currently working from home in the Covid-19 context, we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- A competitive salary
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- Afterwork drinks every thursday
- Regular team buildings (escape games, summer/christmas parties...)
💪 Preferred Experience
- You have 1-2 years experience in designing products and interfaces
- You have experience in designing B2B SaaS products and platforms
- You know the difference between UX and UI and are able to do both
- You have experience in doing User research and testing to iterate on your solutions
- You have worked in product & tech teams in the past and you are familiar with discovery and delivery processes
- You speak French fluently, a good level of English is a plus
📑 Recruitment process
- First 30 min phone call
- Interview with our Head of Product
- Product Design Case (don’t worry, we won’t make you work for hours)
- Interviews with our CTO, Head of HR & Founder
- Meet the team
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!