This role is working closely within our design team, Product Managers and Engineering team. Help create the best possible products for our growing user base in Australia and overseas. We’re a high growth, progressive startup with a fast paced environment where you will have massive opportunities to progress as we evolve.
Our ambitious product development roadmap includes apps across a two-sided marketplace, a web-based portal and other evolving technology product opportunities which will allow you to develop and apply your UX skills to a variety of strategic challenges.
Who are we?
Sonder's vision is to create a global support network to get trusted local help by our members’ side within 20 minutes.
We provide 24/7 rapid response safety and wellbeing assistance at the touch of a button. The only company of our kind, we believe everyone should have access to help when needed. On-demand and multilingual guidance and support is provided through our app, over the phone and in-person. If our members are concerned, confused, lost or stranded, ill or injured, Sonder is there to help.
We are a later stage startup looking to significantly develop our product offering over the next 6-12 months. Join our journey to make personal safety and wellbeing accessible to everyone.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside the Product team to design engaging end to end user experiences
- Evaluate user research, requirements, insights and data as a foundation for design activities
- Analyse common themes and patterns to inform and validate all design decisions
- Take responsibility for delivering the user interface and interaction design of Sonder’s suite of app and web-based products
What we’re looking for
- A seasoned, hands-on Product or UX/UI Designer, ideally with experience working across iOS, Android and web-based products. We’re looking for someone with a breadth of skills, who leans more towards design execution than the research end of the spectrum
- Understanding of the broad product design landscape and best practices, from research through to usability testing and code development, and how your role operates within it
- Appreciation for and involvement in early stage design activities – user research, 1:1 interviewing, usability testing; synthesis of results and reporting
- Strong understanding of Apple Human Interface Design and Android Material Design UI design patterns and components
- Demonstrated experience creating documents and UX artefacts including user flows, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and other visual aids
- Excellent ability to take complex ideas, distil them down into simple solutions and defend your design decisions
- Excellent UI execution skills and eye for detail
- Collaboration, presentation and communication skills
- Highly skilled working with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Principle, Axure, Figma, Adobe CS
- Excellent visual design skills and demonstrated attention to craft and detail
- Ability to work with and evolve a design system
- Experience working in a startup or a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams to implement design
- Ideally experience with creating animations and video
Please apply with your resume and a portfolio that showcases your user-centred design capabilities.