We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. Infact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We’re growing fast, and we have some very exciting plans. So we need a Product Designer to help us make them happen.
NB: Expected start date 1st September
We are looking for talented and dedicated Product Designer to help us build out a world beating feature set. Joining our product team you’ll be responsible for designing new features to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers that helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and wireframes
- Create solutions for complex design problems
- Use, build and improve the existing design library
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes to present your ideas to the wider company
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. conversion rates)
- Conduct user testing sessions and incorporate feedback into your work
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
What we’re looking for:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects showcasing end-to-end design problems you have overcome
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Figma and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current design team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus
- 5% interest bonus on your Chip account
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
- Take home design task
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.