Department: UX Research & Design Team
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden. You must have the right to work in the UK. (Currently remote due to COVID-19)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior digital product designer with experience working in high growth environments, to join our award-winning UX Research & Design team – working within a friendly, diverse, dynamic and agile mixed-discipline Ed-Tech environment. You will be a high-level practitioner with a growth hacking mindset who can lead projects with little support and proactively identify where you can make a positive impact. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand on their skills and work on something that has a genuinely positive impact in a changing world.
- Work closely with product managers, the head of user experience, developers and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and create forward-thinking solutions that push the boundaries and deliver successful outcomes for the learner and for those involved.
- Drive the user experience, interaction, and visual design throughout the entire project lifecycle from initial idea generation, sketches, user flows and wireframes to the delivery of visually rich, inspiringly simple, and easy-to-use experiences that enhance our brand.
- Conduct research and test your designs with users, analyse results and integrate these changes into your design process, with guidance from our user experience researchers.
- Understanding competitive landscapes, data and insight to decide on design and product directions
- Design within the framework of the FutureLearn Design System becoming an active participant in evolving and developing the Design System with the team over time.
- Present your work fortnightly at sprint reviews and in other situations to groups of people, taking on feedback and adjusting designs as required. In addition, contribute to other discussions about the product, championing the user experience and brand at all times.
- Prior experience working on marketplace or ecommerce products
- You will be able to demonstrate a solid level of design skills, demonstrated by your prior experience.
- The ability to solve problems with sound reasoning, using research and data to inform and evaluate solutions, balancing the needs of users and the business.
- The ability to illustrate a solid level of UX knowledge and practical skills with real-world examples.
- The ability to create stimulating and accessible visual designs that evoke the right emotions for users.
- The ability to demonstrate experience and/or the desire to line manage and mentor less experienced designers.
- The ability to create, manage and facilitate workshops for product team and wider stakeholders to ensure broad insight and understanding
- The ability to organize, structure and label content, data and navigation in an effective and scalable way, while keeping the whole platform in mind.
- The ability to create prototypes to test theories, hypotheses and the usability of ideas.
- The ability to conduct user research to test the effectiveness of your design solutions and adapt your ideas accordingly based on an objective analysis of this research.
- The ability to think holistically, tying together human, digital and physical interactions, over time, to create an experience that meets the needs of users.
We will be looking for you to demonstrate the following competencies – appropriate to your prior experience.
- Collaboration: The ability to collaborate within a cross-discipline product team.
- Communication: The ability to explain things in a clear and non-judgmental way.
- Initiative: The ability to explore and propose solutions without being prompted.
- Curiosity: The ability and desire to learn and understand.
- Design: The ability to demonstrate a solid level of design skills.
- £65-70k (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working environment/hours
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast
Please submit a cover letter, CV and a link to your portfolio. in your cover letter please clearly explain how you meet the essential skills and experience criteria mentioned in the requirements specification section of the job description. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.