Apply for this job
RS21 is a leading data science and visualization company tackling humanity’s biggest challenges. With offices in Albuquerque, NM and Washington, D.C., we develop interactive, big data analytics and visualization solutions that connect people with the data they need.
RS21 employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules, professional development, PTO, health insurance, 401(k) profit sharing, casual dress, an open pet policy, birthday gifts, fun events, while working to solve complex problems in beautiful ways.
RS21 is seeking a Senior UX Designer with experience creating complex custom analytical tools for experts. Preference will be given to candidates with design expertise in any or several of the following domains: engineering (mechanical, electrical, biomedical, aerospace), physics, electromagnetics, critical infrastructure, electrical & grid systems, fuels & natural gas, disaster response, community disaster preparedness and resilience, federal government, state and local government, or similar.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest and abilities in several (but not necessarily all) of the following: product strategy, stakeholder and user research, information architecture, UX strategy, UX design, information & info viz design, and user testing. While we don't expect you to code, if you have the skills to put together interactive prototypes or communicate effectively with developers and data scientists, that would be helpful. Your ideal type of squad consists of inventive developers, brilliant data scientists, passionate UI designers, and other killer professionals working in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Scope, lead, manage and execute complex and challenging consultative client engagements and research efforts
- Participate in and lead UX research and design for RS21’s platform, MOTHR
- Assist with streamlining workflows and/or visual elements to influence user behavior and interactivity
- Collaborate with fellow team members to keep up with trends and developments in big data, data science, information visualization, interaction design, AI, and AR/VR
- Contribute to RS21’s thought leadership
- Act as guide & mentor to UX design team and lead by example
- Master’s Degree + Continuing Education or Certification (or work experience equivalent) in Computer Science, UX, IA, HCI, Communication Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 6+ years professional design experience in the hard sciences or for complex technical software orgs
- Ability to work in a group or independently - Positive, optimistic, collaborative approach to creative problem solving
- Experience working in an agile environment
Please provide a link to a portfolio of your recent work to be considered for this position.
RS21 is a dynamic, growing startup with 50+ employees doing great things, and we're looking for the right people to help move us forward. Our nine core values empower a culture of integrity, learning, taking risks, making a difference, constantly improving, and helping our team achieve a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules and remote work options. As a testament to our exceptional culture, employees voted us a “Best Place to Work”.
RS21 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.