Principal UX Design Lead
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
You’ll work in our Scottsdale, AZ office.
What you'll get to do...
At GoDaddy, Experience Design is a team of multidisciplinary experts who translate our brand mission into groundbreaking digital experiences for web, mobile and emerging technologies. Our Experience Design group are the creators of UX, visual, motion, research and prototyping tasks. As the Principal UX Design Lead, you're expected to drive the creative output from any of those specialties, but this role seeks someone with digital ecommerce experience with an exquisite eye for aesthetic of lifestyle brands visual design.
The Principal UX Design Lead oversees innovative and talented Experience Design teams in developing groundbreaking experiences evolving GoDaddy.com on all form factors. You will be responsible for leading UX design of major components of the shopping user experience that scale across multiple products, global markets, multiple form factors, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of customers. You're a strong, creative problem-solver who has a knack for making the complex simple, are guided by customer data and business needs, and know how to work with others to turn ideas into reality.
Your eye for aesthetic is equal in merit to your analytical user center design methodologies like UX research, journey mapping, hypothesis definition, user experience flows, user interface design & interactions, user acceptance tests, and feature list definition, even developing user personas from scenarios of use and interaction models. This is your jam.
Make a big impact in creating the next evolution of GoDaddy’s user experience. As a Principal UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team working to deliver innovative solutions to empower and assist customers as they define their online presence. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that’s changing the face of GoDaddy and helping small businesses around the world build, manage, and grow their business.
- Lead key initiatives for our Experience Design team that are complex, large projects or across multiple small tracks.
- Shape the UX Design solution and process on a project, defining the deliverables and managing the team’s time to execute those deliverables..
- Communicate the ‘why’ and rationale behind the interaction design, insights to the team and client.
- Be the advocate of UX Design and communicate rationale to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, writers, project managers, strategists, and developers.
- Guide the design team, with a strong partnership on visual design and technology through launch optimizations on projects.
- Partner with clients as the primary UX Designer to make the best work, pushing the most innovative experiences that solve the user’s needs and deliver results.
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years’ experience in delivering consumer software products to market.
- Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams in creating great digital experiences.
- Deep knowledge of your craft (research, interaction design, prototyping and optimization analytics).
- Proven skills in mentoring, presenting, client partnership and visual communication.
- Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
- Demonstrated breadth of expertise and proficiency/experience in modern technology and software tools.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.