About the role
We built the simplest and most reliable screen recorder in the world, but that’s only the beginning. Our near future is full of ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for a curious, ambitious, and empathetic UI/UX Designer to help us design the future of our products.
Why is this role special?
- Design products that will advance education. Schools and districts around the world depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. The need for and benefit of video-based learning has never been more clear that it is now.
- Have a massive impact. As the only dedicated UI/UX voice on our team you will be instrumental in the design of every feature and product that we release — every one of which will be seen and used by millions of people.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of less than 5 built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting product quality above all else.
- Work for our users. Above all else, you will be an advocate for our massive user base. It’s a cliché, but in this case it’s true: your work will change the lives of our users.
Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Product Manager and engineering team to brainstorm how new features and products will look, feel, and function
- Take new features and product designs from initial idea to polished mockups that are ready to build
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct user interviews and observations to improve product functionality
- Identify UX problems and areas for optimization through user observations and analysis of product analytics
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years designing quality user interfaces and have a design portfolio to show for it
- Love to translate complex actions and functionality into impressively simple user interfaces
- Have experience with Sketch or other design software
- Can internalize a design aesthetic and make it your own
- Care about the business implications of anything you design. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible WFH policy
- Generous health / vision / dental insurance contributions
- One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO