Senior UX Architect
At nTopology, we are passionate about building next-generation engineering solutions. We enable the most innovative engineering companies in the world to transform how they develop, test, and manufacture better products faster. Our software has been used to engineer mission-critical satellites, deliver stronger and lighter medical implants for patients in need, and allow engineers to create complex, high-performance products never before possible. And our technology enables companies to fully utilize advanced manufacturing methods like 3D Printing.
If a fast-paced, collaborative and high-performing environment excites you, we'd love for you to join us. We are looking to add smart ambitious teammates who are passionate about problem-solving and passionate about technology.
Does this sound like you?
nTopology is hiring a SENIOR UX ARCHITECT. This role is a part of the Product Design team, where you will work closely with Product Designers and UX developers to design the core data model for nTop Platform and build an intuitive, consistent, and scalable framework for our users to efficiently solve their problems.
This role reports to PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER.
- Take a user-centered approach to designing our block system and data model, a visual programming language composed of a collection of geometry, simulation, and manufacturing functions.
- Design a scalable UX architecture that enables our users to intuitively configure the capabilities of our platform to efficiently solve their problems.
- Create journey maps, user flow diagrams, architecture diagrams, and wireframes to communicate data structures and strategies to software engineers, product designers, and product engineers.
- Engage with users and elicit needs and requirements in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment.
- Rapidly test and iterate to make data-informed decisions.
- Provide engineering-ready specifications.
- Work closely with engineers to challenge and revise existing data structures to optimize usability and scalability.
- 8-10 years of UX and/or Information Architecture experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- Deep understanding of the following topics: visual programming language design, functional programming, object oriented programming.
- Technical background, with a broad understanding of and experience with modern CAD/CAE/CAM engineering software, technologies, and workflows.
- Self-directed and able to make an impact on a short timeline.
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions across teams.
- Data-focused design mentality looking to inform your design decisions based on user feedback and data insight.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Advanced degree in Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive Salary & Equity
401(k) with Company Contribution
Health, Dental, & Vision
Weekly Team Lunches & Snacks
Monthly Happy Hour & Team Building Activities
nTopology is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. nTopology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.