Rational Consulting is growing, and we need amazing talent to join our team. If you have an entrepreneurial attitude with a deep spirit of service and killer subject expertise, we want to talk to you. We are always looking for the next great consultant to raise the bar and push Rational Consulting to be better than we were yesterday. Staying hungry, curious, and looking forward to what’s next is part of our DNA.
We are currently looking for a UX Researcher to join our tech client in Redmond, WA. This is an 18 month contract position.
The tech client’s research team seeks a researcher to conduct iterative, evaluative customer research for their applications. You will work closely with design, research and program management to understand their customers and to evaluate if the team’s offerings meet their needs. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting user research in a technology domain and a minimum of two years of industry experience.
What You Will Do:
- Drive user research activities to inform product design, including but not limited to: lab usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, etc.
- Deliver actionable research findings to your design and PM counterparts on time and with quality
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around your research and how it informs design
- Document and present recommendations and your point of view based on research and analysis
- Work with the research lead to identify and address critical usability issues
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years of industry experience conducting user research and effectively partnering with development teams to improve the user experience based on research results.
- High Level of experience using varied user research techniques at various stages of the development process (e.g., lab usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, field research/ethnographic techniques).
- Creating usability test plans and running large and small tests
- Accurate measurement and precise reporting of usability data
- Excellent collaborations skills, and experience teaming with designers to help prepare designs for testing
- Turning usability findings into actionable recommendations
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze research data, create results presentations, and deliver them to design and product teams.
- Intermediate statistical analysis skills, and ideally familiarity with one or more statistical packages used for analysis (SPSS, Statistica, etc). Strong skills using Excel to perform basic analyses are acceptable.
- Ability to get up to speed with a new area quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Morae
- Experience with UserTesting.com
- Experience with large-scale survey tools
- Experience analyzing and delivering impactful findings based on telemetry data
- Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design and Engineering or similar
Who You Are:
- Well-rounded Professional. You have amazing communication and organizational skills along with high EQ.
- Self-sufficient. You get stuff done, you are able to work with little direct supervision but know when to ask for help.
- Collaborative to the Core. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a leader and member.
- Adaptable. Change happens at lightning speed (especially at Rational), you are flexible, enjoy challenge, and get behind new ideas
Rational Consulting is a results-oriented consultancy designing premium customer experiences. Each of our business practices are deeply rooted in delivering client success. We see ourselves as partners to our clients, and we invest in each of their business goals, ensuring that our work helps deliver on these goals. Client success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture.
Incredible people are our non-negotiable. Our experienced team of consultants spans the globe. We love what we do, and who we do it with – let’s begin our next chapter together.