At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this positions can be based in either office (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
For the past 10 years, OpenFin has been at the forefront of innovation in financial technology. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards and currently have over 225,000 desktops at our 100+ clients.
This is a brand new role on a growing product team building the operating system for finance.
We are seeking a talented Product Designer to help shape the best possible experience for our users through our entire consumer-facing journey. You will be a strong voice for our customers, thinking about their experience holistically.
You enjoy creating rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems and are comfortable using data to make informed design decisions and to test hypotheses.
This role will report to our new Head of Design.
As a Product Designer you will:
Be part of our Distill, Discover, Sprint, Analyze design process, shipping regular features that our users really want. We’ll need you to:
- Help build innovative new products and redesign and improve old ones. You can zoom out to think about overall UX, or zoom in to create clean and simple beautiful components.
- Make all of our experiences fit together: develop new models to evolve our customer’s understanding of OpenFin.
- Be collaborative and positive, comfortable with regular crits that support constructive feedback in a safe environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the people that use our product, the problems they face with the current state of the world. Never make a decision before first checking with the customer.
- Understand how to balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality and development requirements.
- Work with your fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are always thinking about the right things by regularly delivering actionable findings and recommendations.
- Be collaborative and comfortable with regular crits that support constructive feedback in a safe environment.
- Be curious, open to changing your mind, and above all be kind, fun, and generous!
A few things about you:
- 2-3+ years experience within a Product Design role working on technical products.
- Your designs drive business value.
- Well versed in UX and UI best practices, mobile-first, and responsive design.
- You use Figma for design or Framer for prototyping - but mostly you know your tool like the back of your hand, whatever tool that is.
- Design systems are a regular part of your day and aren’t anything to get excited about.
- Keen understanding of typography, iconography, color theory, and layouts.
- Brand and agency experience a major bonus.
Move Fast. Break Nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry’s operating system, enabling rapid and secure deployment, native experience, and desktop interoperability. Used by the largest industry players through to the newest of FinTech innovators, OpenFin deploys more than 1,000 desktop applications to more than 1500 buy-side and sell-side firms. OpenFin investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, DRW Venture Capital, NEX Euclid Opportunities, J.P. Morgan, NYCA Partners, Pivot Investment Partners, and Wells Fargo among others. The company has offices in New York and London.
Why Work Here?
OpenFin’s product, engineering, and customer success teams lead the financial technology industry in talent and innovation. Together, they design, develop, and deploy the next generation of financial desktop applications on computers around the globe. OpenFin’s mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable customers to do the same.
While we are currently remote, OpenFin prides itself on its friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours, events, and other chances to socialize. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.