We’re on a mission to change the way the world shops, making it a whole lot more personal.
From sneaker kings like Nike to fashion brands Levi’s, rag & bone and Diane von Furstenberg to disruptors like Deciem and Credo Beauty; the hottest brands in retail use Hero to bring virtual shopping to hundreds of millions of online shoppers. Through text, chat and video, shoppers can get the experience of the store without leaving their sofas — perfect for when they need real-time advice and style inspiration from someone in the know.
Hero helps brands make the shift to omnichannel; accelerating sales, motivating teams and elevating the shopping experience. Find out more at usehero.com or on Instagram at @heroapp
Enjoy the ride; celebrate the wins, look for the learnings.
Go above and beyond; exceed your own expectations.
Obsess over the experience; the details make the difference.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Product Designer to help create the next generation of connected shopping experiences. Embedded in Hero’s Shopper Experience team, you’ll own design throughout the product lifecycle, working cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists and domain specialists across the business. From user research and discovery, to UXUI and interaction design, you’ll play a key role in a rapidly growing team - with unique opportunities to influence the future of product at Hero.
Virtual Shopping, for today’s retail stores [ ▶️ Watch Video ]
- Experience working in fast-growth technology business or product-specialised agency environment
- 4 years design experience, ideally in a startup like environment, with minimum 2 years shipping product
- Proven track record performing UX research and designing UI for digital products on web and mobile
- Enthusiasm for new digital technology and future trends
- Bonus: A love of ecommerce, shopping and retail brands
Skills & Experience
- You’re an experienced user of the latest product design tools, including Figma
- You can operate in an agile environment and love to work in close collaboration with developers and product managers
- You’re an “end-to-end” product designer, able to bring tried-and-tested UX methods to bear on product challenges and facilitate the development of high quality features
- You have an instinct for understanding users, extracting meaningful insights and analysing data to inform product design decisions
- You're a conceptual thinker who gets a kick out of a nice user-flow diagram (seriously)
- You're a proactive designer, who loves to research, develop, prototype and iterate your work
- Driven by purpose, you have a desire to be part of something meaningful and innovative
- You combine natural visual skill with an appreciation for systems thinking
- You're a clear communicator with a good grasp of copywriting for product
- You’ll thrive in a fast moving environment and enjoy a diversity of briefs
What you'll do
- Work closely with Product Management leading discovery for the Shopper Experience team
- Conduct research, including user studies, competitor analysis and concept validation
- Collaborate with Hero’s data scientists to draw out and identify user insights
- Define scope, including user problems and jobs to be done
- Ideate, prototype and iterate solutions in collaboration with the product team
- Support feature delivery from handover through to development
- Perform experience testing for new product features to ensure quality
- Share early and often, to promote user understanding and design approach across the business
- Collaborate with the Director of Experience Design and the design team on experience vision and strategy
- Join forces with the Lead Product Designer to grow and enable Hero’s design system and approach
- Work with a talented team of like-minds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary with annual compensation reviews
- Flexible work from home policy
- 25 days holiday with incremental days added each year
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Generous paid sick and compassionate leave
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Pension plan
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer and all the software you need
- Plenty of social events