Electrum is a high growth FinTech company based in Woodstock, Cape Town. We are South Africa’s leading payments software experts and build cloud-based transaction processing software that is used by major banks and retailers. We hire extremely smart people and offer great opportunities for personal growth and career progression. You will be joining a dynamic, highly skilled and delivery focused team. Our work environment is relaxed yet results-driven.
We are looking for a UX designer who dabbles in UI design to help us create clean and intuitive user workflows for our enterprise software offerings. You will work closely with Product and Engineering, as well as directly with our customers, to understand Electrum’s products and their value, and translate that value into sublime user experiences.Opportunities
Electrum offers a space for you to establish your craft in a young and dynamic enterprise software environment. You will have the opportunity to embed UX design as an essential part of our product development process. By enabling our customers, who represent a variety of personas, to experience real value from our products, you will play a significant role in moving Electrum toward our strategic goals.Responsibilities
- Illustrate design ideas using appropriate means, such as user stories, user journeys, UI sketches, storyboards and process flows.
- Design and deliver wireframes and UI mockups to prototype new product features.
- Take a user-centered and evidence-based design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Assist in gathering and evaluating user requirements as part of a cross-functional team.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Develop and adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX designer.
- A relevant degree or other qualification that underlies a deeper understanding of design principles.
- A strong sense of ownership and self-motivation.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used tools and platforms for creating wireframes and mockups.
- Team beach getaways
- World class payments training
- Macbook Pro
- Highly competitive games of table tennis
- Showers and Towel Service
- Generous leave policy
- Tons of career growth opportunities
- Family style cooked lunches
- Great coffee
- Friday beer on tap