- Great benefits including flexible working hours
- Product background needed!
- Auckland or Sydney
As a customer-centric SaaS company, our success is directly related to the reputation our product has with our customers. Fergus customers are at the heart of everything we do which means user experience is a critical part of our business.
The UX Designer role involves creating the best possible user-centric design solution for our core product (web and mobile), at every stage and level of the product life-cycle.
Reporting to our Product Design Lead you will be creating project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the vision for an experience strategy and the rationale behind it.
You will be working closely with the product team and developers while advocating the best design for the end user and designing possible solutions to anticipated problems including creating prototypes and running usability tests and interviews.
To be successful in this role you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience designing for responsive web and mobile applications,
- Solid experience with design systems and wireframing tools like PhotoShop, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure RP, Framer, Principle, and UXPin.
- Proven experience creating test-ready prototypes with Invision, Axure RP, or similar.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions, and run work sessions.
- Experience working directly with a software engineering team preferred.
- Have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Visual Design, Cognitive Science,Computer Science or similar.
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
Fergus is a New Zealand owned innovative cloud-based job management software company. Our product is built for plumbers, electricians and other trade businesses. Our Mission is to take the pain out of running a trades business, freeing up time and growing trades businesses revenue. With a very loyal customer base our whole team is focused on giving them the insight and tools they need everyday to grow their business.
We have a very collaborative working environment with a whole bunch of talented people. You’ll be based in a light-filled central Auckland office, with great views and plenty of benefits including professional development and growth.