ALAViDA is a digital health company that provides comprehensive addiction treatment services through its smart platform and mobile application. Its services are available to employees through select extended benefits providers as well as directly to the public. Its tech platform and trusted network of providers give employees rapid access to specialized addiction trained physicians and therapists and a mobile application that simplifies the treatment process. ALAViDA is currently providing service to hundreds of Canadians.
For the individual, ALAViDA allows those able to continue work to do so while confidentially accessing treatment from the comfort of home. For employers, ALAViDA’s enhanced treatment options increase engagement and improve outcomes while reducing disability, absenteeism, indirect health costs and traditional rehab costs.
Why work at Alavida? Visit our website to learn more.
We are looking for a UX Writer to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across platforms and touchpoints. As a UX Writer at ALAViDA, you write concise, well-crafted messaging that supports and helps define large-scale content strategy. In this role, you’ll collaborate with the marketing team, clinicians, researchers, and other key business stakeholders to write and test user-focused solutions for a smart platform and mobile application — while maintaining ALAViDA’s tone and voice. You’ll help shape how that voice evolves and grows as you help create innovative features and interactions.
If you are a UX Writer looking for something different and have experience with comprehensive addiction treatment services, we’d like to meet you.
This role is to work from home, so we are accepting applications from all over Canada (only).
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Help create the brand or service voice and make sure all organization can easily understand and use that voice
- Create a content style guide - a company-wide document outlining the writing principles and guidelines for the copy and content of a company’s services
- Part of the team that decides which features to add to the digital product
- Make digital interfaces easy to use
- Find user-friendly ways to interact with users
Within the first 30 days the Developer will be expected to:
- Learn the structure and operation of the company and the ALAViDA program
- Learn the details of our tools and systems
- Become familiar with the team and establish a routine and schedule of availability
- Build a strong sense of empathy for your target audience. Who are you writing for?
- What tone of voice is most likely to resonate with your users?
- Proven experience as UX Writer/Content Manager/Journalist or similar role
- Knowledge of the digital health industry especially in the addiction treatment services
- Excellent copywriting skills combined with a solid understanding of user experience design
- An understanding of branding and general business objectives
- Ability to condense complex ideas into a very small space and still make things crystal clear
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Competence to guide the user through the interface in an intuitive manner
- A Designer’s Mindset - should think: “how can this experience be improved?”
- Strong interpersonal skills that will support a team of clinical professionals
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize and multi-task a wide range of assignments with high efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness
- Great attention to detail
- Passion for helping others
- Positive attitude to challenge
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Bilingual is a plus (English/French)
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- Part-time or Full-time working from home
- Flexible time