Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer (UX/UI)
Tynker is looking for a senior level strategic thinker who will turn ideas into amazing interactive products that engage our primary customers – kids! You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from defining customer needs to delivering prototypes and UI specifications.
- Expand Tynker’s creativity suite with art and music extensions
- Improve coding IDE functionality and ease of use
- Identify interaction needs across all user states and ages
- Deliver user flows, prototypes, and user interactions
- Define and document experiences across all of our supported mediums – web, touch tablets, and phone
- Collaborate with executive team on strategy, roadmap and direction
- Incorporate feedback from customers, developers and design team members
- Produce detailed dev specifications and handoff deliverables to developers
- Run user testing sessions and surveys
- 5+ years experience in interaction and product interface design
- 3+ years experience for touch-based mobile interfaces
- Experience building digital tools and documenting app interactions
- Strong visual and iconography skills
- Ability to drive the entire design process from ideation to implementation
- Strong self-management skills and product delivery ownership
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and best practices
- Expertise using wireframe tools and generating interactive hi-fi prototypes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
- Strong portfolio with examples of functional tool designs across web and mobile platforms
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design
Bonus Points for the Following:
- Experience working with children’s products and services
- Experience with game and level design
- Deep familiarity with iOS, Android, and/or Windows 8 design standards
- Other visual design experience
All candidates must send a portfolio or work samples along with their inquiries, these should include examples of amazing visually rich interfaces and UX processes.
If interested, please send your resume with a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.