Umbrage delivers cutting-edge software solutions by leveraging advanced trends and designs in technology. We are not a consultancy nor a design agency; we are artisans in designing, developing software solutions for our enterprise clientele. Our singular focus is crafting state of the art digital products with impeccable design coupled with source code engineering. To build and enhance our team, we are constantly in search of designers who understand software architecture and engineers who respect design.
Our team is based in Houston, Texas with a proud bias towards Houston & Texas, where we deliver to our wide variety of clients established in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kentucky and Calgary. Umbrage is honored to be backed backed by Rice Investment Group (RIG). Come umbrage with us!
We are seeking a UI/UX Designer with impeccable design thinking and the ability to decipher the good, the bad, and the ugly. As a designer with Umbrage, it will be your responsibility to execute a top-notch digital product that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, while working in a past-paced environment that may require you to pivot from project to project if needed. With your creative thinking and ambitious spirit, you will help shape not just great design, but the future for Umbrage clientele.
Are you to design? Apply today!
Responsibilities and expectations for the UI/UX Designer:
- Design aesthetically beautiful user interfaces, with a focus on the client preferred platform and user type(s)
- Practice and promote best practices in UI, UX, and interaction design
- Receive and apply direction based on feedback given by the client and respective leadership
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with clients to produce the best possible solution for the problem at hand
- Create wireframes, user flows, interaction prototypes, and other design specification materials
- Work closely with developers to turn the design into a functional digital product
Skills for a fitting candidate:
- 2 or more years in the digital design space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in illustration, graphic design, human centered design, etc.
Skills for an exemplary candidate:
- Master of creative tools including Sketch and the Adobe Suite
- Experience in client communications and client services
- Comfort and ability to explain and sell design decisions (i.e. wireframes, mood-boards, visual style, high fidelity mock-ups, etc.) to clients and stakeholders
- A history of great design work, aesthetics, and execution portrayed in a portfolio
Umbrage Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment shall be made without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizen status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local laws.