Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We're looking to hire our first UX writer to lead and drive product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You will join our growing Product Design team influencing product decisions. You'll collaborate with designers, engineers, marketers, and product managers to create a cohesive language and unified voice across our platform.
The ideal candidate for this role will use design thinking, empathy, and research to help shape and refine our product and identify opportunities to build better experiences for our users. You're independent, proactive, and an advocate for our users.
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll work on
- Lead in shaping the tone, language, and design system
- Build a strong relationship with partners in Product, Brand, and Client. You'll be the copy point-person between these teams.
- Offer UX Writing perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across across all Attentive products
- Drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs our users with our business goals
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience working with UX copy or other forms of interactive writing
- Ability to translate complex technical requirements into effortless interactions that champion usability
- Willingness to work extremely hard within a fast-paced environment in order to turn around high-quality copy quickly.
- Ability to defend your work, but also take creative feedback and execute updates in a professional manner.
- Unafraid to ask questions and communicate effectively and openly, working across teams and directly with department heads.
- Excellent writing, editing skills and ability to think beyond the written word
- A strong sense of storytelling to systematic thinking
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Experience writing content for web/mobile products
- Passionate about consistency and details
- Portfolio of writing samples
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement.
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19.
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home.
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!).
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities.
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.