Senior Product Designer
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
The Channels team connects merchants to buyers everywhere, helping merchants grow their businesses by marketing and selling on the right channels. Facebook Shops is at the helm of this, offering a new way for businesses to sell directly and easily across Facebook’s family of apps.
Joining the Facebook Team is an opportunity to solve challenging problems that impact real people as they grow and maintain their businesses. In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, user researchers, and marketers. You’ll deliver world class experiences that make potentially confusing business tasks intuitive and manageable, and empower entrepreneurs world-wide to achieve independence.
- Improve the merchant experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, creating visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner and leading stakeholder reviews
- Propose and constantly look out for new concepts and ideas
- Stay current on emerging trends in online consumer behaviour, technologies and design
- Partner with researchers to help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for their needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, you will be leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of teams focused on specific merchant workflows
Requirements for the role:
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user's experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Strong storytelling skills, with the ability to translate complex data and text into compelling visuals and experience
- Extensive experience in determining visual design preferences and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on visual design projects and integrate feedback
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications as well as with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Closing date: Thursday, August 20th at 5pm EDT
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) by Friday, August 28th at 5 pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.