UX Lead (Leeds)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As an experienced user experience professional, you'll help the club develop our UX capacity, understanding both our club and client needs and identifying key UX roles we need. You’ll collaborate with both our clients and development teams to ensure they have the right expertise, processes and tools to deliver value to their customers. As a result, you will be able to:
- Influence, develop and implement the user experience strategy and vision to meet their customer needs in client-facing roles.
- You will be our UX ambassador and advisor to clients on UX, accountable for the usability and accessibility of their customer experience across a broad range of industries.
- You’ll engage closely with the client's UX and product teams to review current processes and methods, sharing your wealth of insight and making it happen.
- You’ll also have the chance to shape and deliver internal communication and training sessions.
- Support the development of UX skills in the club by coaching a small number of growing talents. Encourage and support the use of UX principles in the development of our own tools.
- Each of our clients have different needs, so you will need to be able to adapt accordingly to those requirements - that may be researching, interactive designing or producing great designs for them.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Knowledge of human/user-centered design frameworks and processes within the web and mobile product development.
- Extensive professional experience/proven track record of design thinking approach expertise.
- Strong understanding of Agile UX and Lean UX delivery approaches.
- Background in using service design models and processes.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex Agile environments.
- Proven knowledge and experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research including surveys, interviews, focus groups, usability testing, heuristic evaluations and diary studies using tools such as Surveymonkey, Lookback, Morae and Sessioncam.
- Ability to identify and present actionable research insights to business stakeholders.
- Extensive experience of producing personas, journey maps, user stories and pain point analysis.
- Proven knowledge and experience of developing information design including user journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
- Strong visual and brainstorming skills with the ability to confidently sketch journeys and interfaces in cross-functional collaborative teams.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.